Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Spinoff- dumb things our teens have done

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 9:58 pm
For starters, my teen is fearless. And he's big and strong.
He once told me a story about playing with a small ball with his friends in camp in their bunkhouse. Somehow the AC in there was in bad condition and the ball bounced right inside through the broken vents, and he stuck his hand inside to retrieve it, while it was on. He called me to say he cut his hand inside an AC and probably needs stitches but he's going to leave it because he doesn't feel like getting stitches.

Another time he told me about how he and his friends during recess thought it would be neat to pour alcohol on the outside architectural decor of their yeshiva and watch it burn without burning up. Somewhere they messed up and he ended up running for buckets of water to put out the flames.

And another time he was practicing his punches and he punched his arm right through his bedroom window. "I didn't even punch so hard," he said. "You don't realize how strong you are," I answered.

Anyone else want to share? Tell me my son isnt the only one.

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:34 pm
My ds sent me a picture of himself jumping out a 2 story window into a pile of snow. He was in yeshiva. I knew he was fine cuz he sent me the pic. But I was ready to kill him for stupidity!

amother
Chambray

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:40 pm
I’ll up your ante.
What about posting really stupid things WE did as teens? Wink

amother
Snowdrop

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 11:00 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
I’ll up your ante.

Great idea, you start!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 11:02 pm
Make another spinoff? I need stories of teens nowadays:).

BrisketBoss

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 11:06 pm
amother [ Chambray ] wrote:
I’ll up your ante.

We were girls so we did emotionally risky things, way worse haha.

Jumping out of a window into snow doesn't sound stupid necessarily...depends if he knew what was under the snow, how high the snow was...

Of course it goes completely against my sensibilities as an adult female but if I only use logic, it really just depends on if he knew what he was doing.

amother
Tomato

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 3:38 pm
BrisketBoss wrote:
We were girls so we did emotionally risky things, way worse haha.

Jumping out of a window into snow doesn't sound stupid necessarily...depends if he knew what was under the snow, how high the snow was...

Of course it goes completely against my sensibilities as an adult female but if I only use logic, it really just depends on if he knew what he was doing.

Maybe jumping wasn't stupid. But sending a picture of it to your mom?!?😳😳😳

amother
Caramel

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 3:42 pm
My teen got a gash on his chin at sleep away camp, and then refused to go get it looked at to see if he needed stitches….

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 3:48 pm
My son went to the old city in Acco and jumped off the old city wall into the ocean where there are tons of boulders and undercurrents. Apparently this is a thing the arab teenagers do. Why would that be something you emulate says I. Ze magniv says son Banging head Can't Believe It Surprised

He also thought it was a god idea to go dip in a mikvah in Ir david at 2 am
And to walk thru about Isawiya with his friends to "show the Arabs that its our land" and "we aren't afraid"

Thankfully he has grown up and now is a serious lerner and his bein hazmanim adventures are more tame - skiing, camping, hiking, horseback riding. But we had our hearts in our mouths for a bunch of years there.

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 4:31 pm
Sorry if off topic, but where's there a functioning mikvah in Ir David?

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 7:46 pm
My tween went down a slide standing up on his rollerblades and broke his arm. He told me he had been quite sensible because he went down the straight slide instead of the twisty slide.

BrisketBoss

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 1:25 am
amother [ Tomato ] wrote:
Maybe jumping wasn't stupid. But sending a picture of it to your mom?!?😳😳😳

Oh I just remembered, there's a great picture of me doing something at 15 that looks dangerous. Not only did my mom see the picture, she was there when it was taken and she was not thrilled about what I was doing.

Probably, my own children will pay me back. Smile

amother
Glitter

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 4:53 am
[quote="amother [ OP ]"

And another time he was practicing his punches and he punched his arm right through his bedroom window. "I didn't even punch so hard," he said. "You don't realize how strong you are," I answered.
.[/quote]

LOL. My DS did this when he was 5 years old. I don't even want to think about what he did as a teen, I'm trying to block it out.

He is now in his 20s and has mostly calmed down.

Not_in_my_town

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 8:05 am
My son jumped down a flight of cement steps because he was playing a game with his friends and couldn't risk getting caught... About 15 steps. Broke not one, but BOTH arms.

And me? I used to think I was invincible. Used to ride the subways at 1 or 2 am, traveling NYC. Even when guys would come up and say weird things to me or I ended up on a platform with drag queens or drug addicts, I still thought I was invincible... Would NEVER let my kids do that!

real

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 8:40 am
Me too!!
I used to tell my mom that Hashem was watching me. Gosh I have sooo many stories that I am lucky to be alive. My son is a teenager now and he’s putting me through the ringer now- it comes back around.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children