Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Why do we put up with such unprofessional/bad treatment
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:44 pm
from businesses? Is it ok to treat customers this way? I asked for a recommendation here for somewhere to buy mattresses. A few people here recommended a place. I ordered over the phone, gave him my credit card info, he said he’d have them delivered last Wednesday. Then he said Friday, Friday came and went, I still haven’t heard from him, I keep calling, it keeps going to voicemail, I left numerous messages, and nothing!

How do people do business this way? They can’t return a call? Deliver when they’re supposed to? Something????? I can’t imagine a regular store treating customers this way…

Ladies, maybe don’t recommend these businesses which provide such shlocky service.

amother
Lotus

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:46 pm
Welcome to 2022 where everyone says they are short staffed don’t answer phones and when u do get good service it’s a blessed rarity

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 10:51 pm
amother [ Lotus ] wrote:
Welcome to 2022 where everyone says they are short staffed don’t answe phones and when u do get good service it’s a blessed rarity

I don’t believe that’s why. I’ve had experiences like this for years. Unfortunately many of these people just don’t know how to act professionally in business and we let them get away with this casual, inconsiderate behavior so they continue. I can’t imagine a well known business acting this way…

amother
Apple

Post Mon, Jul 18 2022, 11:08 pm
Vote with your money. People keep saying how we need to support frum companies etc but if they don't provide what they say they will and/or give terrible service then I wont.
I know their customer service cant equal major international companies but basics like answering the phone or sending a message that "due to bad snow etc it will be late but we will keep you updated" is just basics. Like so many prior threads on this topic- if the store manager yells at me when I try to buy something I wont be back.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 12:03 am
amother [ Apple ] wrote:
Vote with your money. People keep saying how we need to support frum companies etc but if they don't provide what they say they will and/or give terrible service then I wont.
I know their customer service cant equal major international companies but basics like answering the phone or sending a message that "due to bad snow etc it will be late but we will keep you updated" is just basics. Like so many prior threads on this topic- if the store manager yells at me when I try to buy something I wont be back.

Good point. So does anyone have any other place to buy mattresses from?

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 12:09 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
from businesses? Is it ok to treat customers this way? I asked for a recommendation here for somewhere to buy mattresses. A few people here recommended a place. I ordered over the phone, gave him my credit card info, he said he’d have them delivered last Wednesday. Then he said Friday, Friday came and went, I still haven’t heard from him, I keep calling, it keeps going to voicemail, I left numerous messages, and nothing!

How do people do business this way? They can’t return a call? Deliver when they’re supposed to? Something????? I can’t imagine a regular store treating customers this way…

Ladies, maybe don’t recommend these businesses which provide such shlocky service.

You want them to call you back fast? Just dispute the charge and the magic wand will do the trick.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 12:11 am
tweety1 wrote:
You want them to call you back fast? Just dispute the charge and the magic wand will do the trick.

I doubt he charged my card before delivering the items…

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 12:17 am
tweety1 wrote:

Strangely enough I find that these businesses are not quick to charge either....

amother
Holly

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 12:30 am
I have been extremely happy with friedman bedding.

amother
Heather

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 12:35 am
Another vote for Friedman. Excellent quality. Fantastic customer service. Competitively priced.
On a different note: We bought the high box springs and high mattresses and it is way too high.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 1:06 am
I've been quite happy with beds from Mattress Maven. I'm liking the quality more then the other place mentioned and prices are pretty much the same I think. I know of alot of others that have bought by this place recently and are really happy.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 3:05 am
Another vote for Friedman's. I used him a couple of times. Excellent service and quality.

amother
Honey

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 8:04 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Good point. So does anyone have any other place to buy mattresses from?
Piccolino

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 8:44 am
I've used Friedman and was really satisfied. I live in Brooklyn and never had a delivery issue. If they were running late they let me know. One worker went above and beyond and voluntarily fixed my bed so that I wouldn't need to buy a new one, even though I ordered a new one and it was sitting in the truck.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 8:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

OMG I just had the same exact story. With a piece of furniture.

I was so upset I planned my schedule around the delivery and noone showed. I tried calling no one picked up. I reached them the next day and there was no apology just set up a new time (didn't show)...

amother
Yarrow

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 9:12 am
I recommended someone I had SUCH a great experience at.
My reaction was wow! This is what customer service should be. From beginning to end. I recommended them all the time on here, but recently recommended them to my sister and she didn't have a good experience. So may have been me.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 9:15 am
amother [ Apple ] wrote:

Totally disagree! I had excellent experience and excellent customer service when buying local and that service could not be delivered from Major international companies! You had bad luck with this store that does not mean that all stores are the same. Just as all big companies are not the same and I must say that the personal service you get when buying local is not comparable to the big companies.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 9:21 am
Another vote for Friedmans. Always responsive. And on time

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 10:09 am
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I've been quite happy with beds from Mattress Maven. I'm liking the quality more then the other place mentioned and prices are pretty much the same I think. I know of alot of others that have bought by this place recently and are really happy.

Another vote for Mattress Maven. The owner is a true mentsch, they have only good quality stuff and are very honest. I've bought from them many times and was always very satisfied.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 11:10 am
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
Another vote for Mattress Maven. The owner is a true mentsch, they have only good quality stuff and are very honest. I've bought from them many times and was always very satisfied.

same here
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries