Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training
DS only wet when he doesn’t sleep in a pull-up

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 2:12 pm
My oldest dc is about 3 and a half. He has been toilet trained for about a year. Training him was a breeze. He hardly ever made any accidents and was very cooperative. I did not train him for nighttime, so he wore a pull-up to bed. At one point I noticed that he always wakes up dry, and about three weeks ago he started sleeping in boxers. Since then he started wetting himself several nights. But when I switched back to pull-ups he was dry. What can be the cause of this? Is he just too young? He’s my first and I feel clueless! Can't Believe It

amother
Camellia

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 3:40 pm
I don’t have boys but I do know that he is not too young.

My DD2 was dry at night before 2 (she trained herself and wanted to be like DD1) and DD 1 at 2.5.

Pull ups didn’t always exist and neither did size 6 diapers.

It is good that they do and some children definitely need them. I am definitely not judging, but to assume everyone does and that children aren’t ready can actually be actually holding them back and infantilizing them.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 3:43 pm
Then why does he fall back when he wears underpants?

exaustedmom

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 3:45 pm
My dear, that is Murphys Law. I had this with my little ones as well. I bought a fabulous waterproof mattress pad and wasn't so upset when it happened as the mattress didn't get ruined

boy oh boy

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 3:53 pm
Firstly, He is not too young. Second, I found that usually when they were wetting themselves it was in the morning, they would awaken before me and (I wasn't there to right away remind them to go to the toilet) they would just use the pullup or whatever either out of convenience or bec. too sleepy to remember to got to the toilet.
Are you sure that he is 100% dry in the pullup? sometimes they can go a little bit and it's hard to see that in a pullup but the same amount in underwear will be very noticeable.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 3:59 pm
boy oh boy wrote:
Firstly, He is not too young. Second, I found that usually when they were wetting themselves it was in the morning, they would awaken before me and (I wasn't there to right away remind them to go to the toilet) they would just use the pullup or whatever either out of convenience or bec. too sleepy to remember to got to the toilet.
Are you sure that he is 100% dry in the pullup? sometimes they can go a little bit and it's hard to see that in a pullup but the same amount in underwear will be very noticeable.

Yes, he’s completely dry. He also sometimes wakes up in middle of the night and go to the bathroom, but this hasn’t happened when he wore underpants.
If I just use a waterproof mattress cover like someone suggested, will he outgrow it? Or will I have to continue changing him in middle of the night?

amother
DarkRed

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 4:07 pm
Put a puppy pad over the sheets so they don’t need to be changed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health -> Toilet Training