Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Wording to friend whose sib is waiting-kidney tr

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 19 2022, 7:33 pm
What helpful words can I say to a friend whose adult sibling is waiting for a kidney transplant?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 8:41 am
Bump

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 11:49 am
We're davening for your sibling.
I wanted to let you know that me and DH both tested to see if we're a match to donate a kidney.
We are looking forward to sharing good news.
Can I bring you over supper tonight? I want to make this time a little less stressful for you.

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 2:40 pm
"What is your brother's full Hebrew name, I want to daven/make a mi sheberach for him."

amother
Moccasin

Post Wed, Jul 20 2022, 3:12 pm
Bh not coming from the side of the recipient, but my DH donated a kidney recently through Renewal. It was a very positive experience with a quick recovery.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 6:19 pm
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:
Bh not coming from the side of the recipient, but my DH donated a kidney recently through Renewal. It was a very positive experience with a quick recovery.

Yes! Make sure they know about renewal..I am donating next week beH!!!

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 9:42 pm

can I hear more pls.
My husband wants to but how does it work if we dont live in the tristate area?

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 9:43 pm
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
Yes! Make sure they know about renewal..I am donating next week beH!!!

wow can u pls share more abt this.
my husband wants to donate and I dont want to stop him but im nervous.

amother
Moccasin

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:41 pm
Renewal recently began arranging transplants nationally. They are connected with hospitals around the country and are no longer tied down to the tri-state. You can reach out to them for a swab kit. They are beyond supportive throughout the entire process. There are so many yidden who are on dialysis. The donor has a few days of appointments and some post-operative discomfort, but they save a life. Speak to any kidney donor, it is most likely that they would tell you they wish they had another kidney to donate.

amother
Tulip

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 10:47 pm
Renewal recently began arranging transplants nationally. They are connected with hospitals around the country and are no longer tied down to the tri-state. You can reach out to them for a swab kit. They are beyond supportive throughout the entire process. There are so many yidden who are on dialysis. The donor has a few days of appointments and some post-operative discomfort, but they save a life. Speak to any kidney donor, it is most likely that they would tell you they wish they had another kidney to donate.

Im assuming the transplants take place in the recipients hometown. so how does that work if the donor is in another state. thats one of my concerns. what to do with our kids if the transplants takes place in a diff state.

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Jul 21 2022, 11:20 pm
amother [ Tulip ] wrote:
Im assuming the transplants take place in the recipients hometown. so how does that work if the donor is in another state. thats one of my concerns. what to do with our kids if the transplants takes place in a diff state.

there is a certain amount they help cover childcare expenses. but I am not sure what happens if you need to go out of state. call or email. they are super super helpful

amother
Moccasin

Post Fri, Jul 22 2022, 10:14 am
Yes. They will cover any expenses incurred due to testing, traveling, childcare etc. They also have an amazing program that they can remove the kidney in one state/country and fly it to the recipient.

Loves Chocolate

Post Mon, Sep 12 2022, 6:14 pm
Mint, I hope your kidney donation went very smoothly and that you are having an easy recovery. Can you please update us about how your kidney donation went and how the recipient is doing?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette