Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you have sideburn hair that bothers you?? Some questions.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 23 2022, 7:09 pm
Hi

Over 12 years ago, when I was a newlywed I started going to getting sideburns waxed.
I honestly dont remember them being very noticeable , but once I started I kept up with it.

Im dirty blonde but the hair there is darker.
I always get asked when I get it done, why I do it.
I guess they dont see it when its at its longest...

The problem is Im so sick of doing it. I hate the way it looks when its overgrown and I hate the way it looks when its growing in all stubbly and short and prickly.

And I find when its waxed the makeup doesnt stick very well there.

During the lockdown and other times, Iv left it for a long period of time to see how it will look once its fully grown but I always ended up going back to get it done cos I couldnt stand the look of it.

Iv let it grow now for the longest time, have just left it alone for weeks and weeks, and def one side Im ok with, there is hair ,but I think it looks pretty natural but the other side is quite thick and wide, and really dont like the look of it.
I wish the thick bits would grow long enough to fit around my ear.

I guess my question is , Does waxing for years do anything to the hair there? Ie does it make it grow darker or thicker ?
Like if I by mistake I once waxed further down where the hair is v light, will it grow back worse?

And will it ever grow long enough to go back behind my ears?

how much do you noticenother peoples hair there?

What is considered normal for sideburn hair??

I wear a wig and often put it half up or in a pony, and lately am very self conscious of how I look..esp cos Im blonde and its a diff shade to my wig.
And when Im wearing a bandana too..

Thanks so much in advance.
Sorry for the rambling post, I would love to just be able to compare with people in real life..

amother
Peony

Post Sat, Jul 23 2022, 9:52 pm
I have really annoying hairs that bother me. I’ve never waxed my face and would be scared to. J recently started using using a finishing gel thing that comes in a bottle that looks like mascara and it helps keep the hairs back.

amother
Tiffanyblue

Post Sat, Jul 23 2022, 10:09 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Kitsch-.....ss_tl

use this, it's awesome

amother
Geranium

Post Sat, Jul 23 2022, 10:28 pm
I’m also blonde and I have sideburns with hair half an inch long. Lots and lots of it. All the way down to my chin. And the hair is the lightest blonde and thin as air. My laser lady won’t touch it and neither will my electrolysis lady. I would wax it but I’m scared it would grow back thick and dark. So I hear you, sis, but have no solution!

amother
PlumPink

Post Sat, Jul 23 2022, 11:06 pm
I lasered my sideburns off several years ago (I'm brunette). Not one hair has grown back since BH, I'm thrilled with the result

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 7:03 am
Wow thats great.

Iv never looked into laser.

Does it work on blonde?
How long does it take?
How expensive?

Is there another long lasting option besides laser?

Chayalle

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 7:08 am
I don't think laser works on blonde.

My girls are dark-haired, but one tried laser and the hair grew back. She's now doing electrolysis.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 7:10 am
Thanks, How does it work?

I never looked in to either.

amother
PlumPink

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 11:11 am
Maybe ask for a consultation with laser person, they will tell you if it will work with your hair color.

I had 6-7 sessions a month apart, the actual laser part took a few minutes and by the end of the sessions it never grew back.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 11:16 am
Thanks!!

Does anyone know if waxing would have had an effect on the way hair grew back or the colour?

I want to find out if I keep leaving it will it grow back like 'normal?'

fiji

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 12:59 pm
No suggestions. Just here to say I have this issue And dreeaammm of doing laser there

Rubies

Post Sun, Jul 24 2022, 2:17 pm
Those Amazon razors are your best option.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 5:41 pm
Bump.

Anyone has similar issue?

amother
Hibiscus

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 6:25 pm
I waxed my brown side burns for many years while in high school. It got very annoying.

Then I did electrolysis for many years. It took a while, but the hair is GONE b"H and didn't come back. It has been more than 13 years since I last did electrolysis, maybe 15.

I think if your hair is still light, it probably isn't very noticeable and you are more self conscious than anyone else.

If it's brown like mine, I'd do something about it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 6:36 pm
Thanks.

Mine probably is considered brown.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics