Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Surfview cottage Ami serial.. Leah is my friend IRL
  Previous  1  2  3  4 10  11  12  Next

amother
Magenta

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 5:13 pm
amother [ Foxglove ] wrote:
Can someone tell me: why is that serial being printed, anyway????????????????????
Promotes nothing positive.
why not? Getting people to think. Look at this thread.
What’s the downside?

amother
Alyssum

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 6:26 pm
What was in this week? I don't buy it every week

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:48 am
For those that ask why such a story is printed, its questions like those that make it obvious why more awareness is needed.

Leah's are everywhere and so are Rikki's. Both need help.

In Leah's defense she might just be born with rescuer type of nature enneagram 2 for those of you that are familiar... Or she might be a typical codependent that thinks she is rescuing everyone everywhere and firing her opinions wherever she goes "just to be helpful"

I love the story and I think it was written in the perfect time (summer)

Op, I'm curious what would happen if you'd fire back to your friend and say "well that's the way I do my anniversaries! You do you..." its empowering messages and changing the dance of the relationship that might heal some of it.

Sorta been there done that and boy did I learn how to speak up!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 3:14 am
amother [ Gray ] wrote:
For those that ask why such a story is printed, its questions like those that make it obvious why more awareness is needed.

Leah's are everywhere and so are Rikki's. Both need help.

In Leah's defense she might just be born with rescuer type of nature enneagram 2 for those of you that are familiar... Or she might be a typical codependent that thinks she is rescuing everyone everywhere and firing her opinions wherever she goes "just to be helpful"

I love the story and I think it was written in the perfect time (summer)

Op, I'm curious what would happen if you'd fire back to your friend and say "well that's the way I do my anniversaries! You do you..." its empowering messages and changing the dance of the relationship that might heal some of it.

Sorta been there done that and boy did I learn how to speak up!

Last week I prepared a comment to tell her with a script response Wink . Went quite well. I casually told her a comment dh had told me. Her reaction was "I dont know how you tolerate such comments bla bla bla" I responded calmly how I actually think dh is coming from a caring place. She just went quiet. At the moment being caught of gaurd leaves me defending myself and sounding stupid at its best.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 3:19 am
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
why not? Getting people to think. Look at this thread.
What’s the downside?

Im really looking forward to see how this seriel will play out. I need help in this area.

I find it interesting how leah told Rikki "you get quickly swayed so be careful or your so indecisive" Rikki has a lot to work on and that is why shes the perfect candidate for Leah. I know all about that. My leah has also told me how quickly I allow others to manipulate me. She was referring to dh and dh kept telling me how she manipulates me. At one point I wasnt sure myself who is the manipulative one. Now at least Im aware.

amother
Chestnut

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 9:35 pm
Omg this weeks I wonder what would happen her husband is not so in the wrong here but what a crazy situation.

amother
Bone

Post Sat, Aug 13 2022, 9:37 pm
amother [ Chestnut ] wrote:
Omg this weeks I wonder what would happen her husband is not so in the wrong here but what a crazy situation.

Leah told her she's watching her kids while Leah and dh go away.
She told her this at lunch on her bday which she didn't acknowledge.
Rikki dh called to wish her happy bday.
Eventually she told him she's hosting the kids.
He said you couldn't host my parents but you can host her kids? I'm not coming for shab if they're there.

amother
Daffodil

Post Sun, Aug 14 2022, 1:24 am
amother [ Bone ] wrote:
Leah told her she's watching her kids while Leah and dh go away.
She told her this at lunch on her bday which she didn't acknowledge.
Rikki dh called to wish her happy bday.
Eventually she told him she's hosting the kids.
He said you couldn't host my parents but you can host her kids? I'm not coming for shab if they're there.

Her husband is 100% right.

In this very installment, Leah said that the wife should be the husband's #1 priority. I assume that it works vice versa too, that the husband should be the wife's #1 priority.

So why does she expect Rikki to prioritize her children over Yitzy's wishes.

Oh, the irony.

pink bow

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 1:03 am
Anyone else think Leah is sort of crazy?

tweety1

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 1:29 am
I liked this weeks. Her husband is finally starting to put his foot down. She now has to chose between him and Leah's kids.

pink bow

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 1:37 am
My question is… why is Leah acting so oblivious?
Seems to me like she is acting beneath a veil… where is her empathy? She is only acting loyal to her own marriage whilst breaking up her friends marriage….

creditcards

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 2:26 am
My question us why Leahs husband goes along with everything she thinks up of.

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 8:06 am
She's a bully

amother
Foxglove

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 8:08 am
Because Leah is a very controlling - kind of preys on the vulnerable. Troubled person, I think.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 8:29 am
Riki can’t even think for herself. She’s so entrenched in leah and what Leah will think and say. Riki probably doesn’t really mind living in lakewood but she can’t even let herself consider because of Leah. It’s a very unhealthy relationship and the only solution is to completely break free. Leah is controlling and probably not really a happy person inside but covers up for it. She’s not okay. Probably has something undiagnosed and needs meds
Riki is just an unfortunate girl whose marriage is in danger and she doesn’t even realize why. It has to get even worse for Riki before she’ll be able to find inner strength and do something drastic. That’s just how it is when a weak girl is wrapped around a bully’s finger.

pink bow

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:38 am
Well said! Exactly this!

pink bow

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:39 am
How will she handle this situation… I’m soooo curious… can anyone chime in and guess??

Genius

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:51 am
The crazy part this week was how she was worrying how she'll break the news to her husband, but it didn't occur to her for even one minute to use all this brain juice to find a way to tell Leah that she's not taking her kids. I'm so glad Yitzy is finally putting his foot down. There is potential for a beautiful marriage here if only Leah would give it a chance.
I'm also wondering about Leah's husband. I would not appreciate a controlling spouse like that.

amother
Cyclamen

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:55 am
pink bow wrote:
How will she handle this situation… I’m soooo curious… can anyone chime in and guess??

Either her husband won’t come for shabbos and she’ll be miserable without a husband and having to deal with Leah’s kids and her kids all on her own… and eventually she’ll regret not standing up to Leah and either leave the colony early to go back to her husband..
or she’ll stand up for herself and leah will be furious and ignore her and she’ll have no choice but to reconnect with her husband and make new friends

But it will have to get even worse before it gets better because she is too emotionally attached to leah now

pink bow

Post Mon, Aug 15 2022, 10:57 am
Exactly… tell Leah I’m not taking ur kids. End of story… guess she’s is afraid Leah will stop to wine and dine her. The difference between a friend and a spouse is that a friend can drop you anytime… and a spouse can drop u too but not so fast..
Page 3 of 12   Previous  1  2  3  4 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room