Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
Butterscotch Brownies - easy and delicious
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

cookielady

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 3:55 pm
mandksima wrote:
I made them with oil like GR said, and added coconut and choc chips. YUMMY! I made double, one is for the soldiers at our checkpoint closest to us and the other is for us, I hope it lasts. I really messed up the order of things because I was on the phone and I realized after I started mixing everything together that I forgot to double some things. Then I forgot the eggs. So I mixed it all together incorrectly and it still came out yummy! I put in less sugar too and it was plenty sweet. Thanks for the recipe!

Taking it to the soliders!!!! Now I am really happy I posted this and will try it w/ choc chips and a little less sugar.

Disclaimer:
I take no responsibility if ppl gain weight

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 4:50 pm
it came out really good, tho I put in too much salt!
I put in choc chips ( just a little that I had left at home) and I put in chunks of honey glazed almonds.
thanks cookie!
I love these easy kinds of recipes!

gryp

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 6:47 pm
From the way you wrote that, Beauty, I thought for a second that you were able to taste the salt. shock LOL

shopaholic

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 9:14 am
I put 1 & 3/4 c of sugar & added chocolate chips & omitted the walnuts. 1/3 has been eaten by me & DH already!!!

Beauty and the Beast

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 9:33 am
GR wrote:
From the way you wrote that, Beauty, I thought for a second that you were able to taste the salt. shock LOL

lol, uh, I was able to taste the salt! like I said, I put in a heaping teaspoon! noone ate the cake besides for me. I was too proud of myself to admit defeat....

Mommish

Post Sat, May 24 2008, 10:56 pm
What did I do wrong?? I made these for Shabbos, but they didn't come out good at all. I followed the recipe exactly & they were like a big raw mush of brown sugar with a crust over the top.

gryp

Post Sat, May 24 2008, 11:12 pm
Maybe you could have put them back in the oven for a bit.

rachel19977

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 3:10 am
Mmmm hopefully will make today if I can stand on my feet long enough! Surprised

Mommish

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 8:39 am
Thanks beauty, I actually put them back in motzei shabbos & had some for melave malka & they were much better. Next time I'll cook longer.

rachel19977

Post Mon, May 26 2008, 12:44 pm
I just made them, very easy to make!!!

Also used 3/4 cup of oil, and 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar.

I have a stuffy nose today and the timer didn't ring, and I didn't smell them overcooking!

But of course, still good! Now onto making oatmeal cookies... must find the recipe!

TheBeinoni

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 1:49 pm
today I made these (again) and added 2 chopped bananas (they were getting a bit too brown but I didnt want to throw them away)... I had to cook it a bit longer than 25 minutes (because the bananas add moisture) but it came out DELICIOUS!!!!!! its like a mix between blondies and banana bread!!!!!!

cookielady

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 1:50 pm
hotmama wrote:
today I made these (again) and added 2 chopped bananas (they were getting a bit too brown but I didnt want to throw them away)... I had to cook it a bit longer than 25 minutes (because the bananas add moisture) but it came out DELICIOUS!!!!!! its like a mix between blondies and banana bread!!!!!!

It sounds like an interesting variation, dh would love it, Ill have to try it sometime.

agh

Post Mon, Jul 21 2008, 2:12 pm
I was looking for something to bake today... just made them.. they are in the oven but the batter is delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cookielady

Post Tue, Jun 30 2009, 12:59 pm
I made them this past week. I used a bit less sugar, and mixed in 2/3 cup chopped pecans and 1/2 chocolate chips. It was great!

cookielady

Post Sun, Nov 21 2010, 9:39 pm
I hadn't made these in quite a while. Last week it popped into my head. Now when I made them I quadrupled the recipe and baked them on a large cookie sheet. I forgot how good and easy these are.

I froze two plates of them, but during the week everyone kept sneaking from the freezer.

gryp

Post Mon, Nov 22 2010, 10:19 am
I'm still making them every so often! I use white whole wheat flour in them. I actually gave small ones out in shalach manos last Purim with sprinkled walnuts on top. As my kids say: Yum-meh!

BZBEE

Post Sat, Jan 15 2011, 11:54 pm
I just discovered this recipe, and just stuck the pan in the oven (omitted the walnuts, and used choc chips instead). the batter tastes delicious, and the smell through the house even better! Can't wait to serve them! Thanks!

chanchy123

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 1:47 am
Just bookmarked this recipe.
Sounds great.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 9:42 pm
light or dark brown sugar?

aidelmaidel

Post Sun, Jan 16 2011, 10:45 pm
OP have you made these with butter? I'm making milchig sheva brochas and was thinking to maybe do these milchig with chunks of milchig choclate instead of nuts.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins