Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I want to lose weight but I don’t want to have to

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 10:20 am
Calculate! Any diet that worked for you that did not involve calculating calories or points? I also don’t want to have to plan ahead so much.

Not_in_my_town

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 10:34 am
Try keto. You can eat lots of veggies, protein and fats.

Aurora

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 10:51 am
1. Build more exercise into your day (can you take the stairs instead of an escalator/elevator? park furthest away from the grocery store entrance?). Go for a quick walk during lunchtime?
2. Eat more veggies and whole grains. Go easy on the white bread, sugars, and sweet drinks.
3. Not all fats are the same. https://www.healthline.com/hea.....-fat.
Go for "good fat" over sugar or white flour.
My usual coffee started out as black coffee, heavy cream, and cinnamon. I now can drink black coffee with low-fat milk instead.
4. It's going to take time to adjust if you're used to eating a specific way. Make 1 small change at a time. I still very much don't like whole wheat pasta, but we have pasta night once a week, and eat it with a stir-fry with veggies, beans, and Italian seasoning.
5. Healthy weight loss that will keep the weight off is 1 - 2 pounds a week. Give yourself time, and be kind to yourself.
6. Get more sleep. Stress makes it harder to lose weight

Last edited by Aurora on Mon, Jul 25 2022, 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Genius

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 10:52 am
I upped the protein, produce, and healthy fats. I lowered the carbs. I do strength and resistance exercises (and yoga because I’m stressed)
I’m losing weight slowly. This is not a quick fix, but I believe this is the only way to do it for longer term change.
My husband is doing the same with great results.

Genius

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 10:54 am
Also my biggest change was that I make sure to eat every two hours (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner m, snack). This ensures that I’m never starved so my chances of making stupid food choices are significantly lower.

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 11:36 am
Plant based diets

amother
Daisy

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 3:27 pm
Genius wrote:
Also my biggest change was that I make sure to eat every two hours (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner m, snack). This ensures that I’m never starved so my chances of making stupid food choices are significantly lower.

I do strength training too.

But I eat 2 big meals a day, I find it easier than eating smaller portions throughout the day. When I do sit down for a meal, I don't feel restricted. It feels like I can eat whatever I want.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise