Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Upset that she won

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 6:30 pm
This is really stupid. I know so plz don’t come at me.
I entered a giveaway that included everything I need very badly right now but can’t afford at all including a new wig and I need one desperately but cant afford for another few years
The person who won doesn’t cover her hair… Why am I so upset?
Oy 😂

amother
NeonBlue

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 6:34 pm
Good for her. I’m sure she can exchange the prize for some other prize she will use.

amother
Jean

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 6:37 pm
It doesn't really matter. You're jealous that she won, so you're fixating on a point that makes her less worthy than you, in your opinion.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 6:38 pm
amother [ Jean ] wrote:
It doesn't really matter. You're jealous that she won, so you're fixating on a point that makes her less worthy than you, in your opinion.

What. Literally no.
I’m upset cuz I could have really used that wig. That’s it. Idk what other ppl choose to do

amother
Ruby

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 6:42 pm
Makes sense. You hear stories about people who were being Machmir on covering their hair and then they win a new wig and it feels like a hug from Hashem. Covering your hair is a hard mitzvah for many of us esp when your wig has definitely seen better days. And then someone who doesn’t cover at all wins the brand new wig, it always feels like a let down when life doesn’t follow the story books.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 6:44 pm
Hugs. I can relate to that feeling.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 6:44 pm
Maybe this is a push from above to that person to start covering her hair? Now she cannot say that she can't afford it and I'm sure it's beautiful... Taking the next step in tznius even if not hair is hard!

Know that Hashem runs the world, if He can give this woman a wig he can get one to you too!

amother
Garnet

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 6:46 pm
I never trust social media winners. Are you sure it's even a real person? Or maybe they just picked out a popular Instagrammer with many followers?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 6:47 pm
amother [ Garnet ] wrote:
I never trust social media winners. Are you sure it's even a real person? Or maybe they just picked out a popular Instagrammer with many followers?

Lol type

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 6:47 pm
Message her and ask if you can have the wig?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 6:51 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Message her and ask if you can have the wig?

I feel like that wouldn’t be so acceptable 😓😅

amother
Peru

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 6:54 pm
"Hashem gives me everything I need."

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 8:36 pm
These giveaways are a scam. I would hesitantly venture to say that these huge big ticket chinese auctions are similar.

Don't ever expect to win. You won't.

amother
Oldlace

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 11:01 pm
Maybe there is a wig gemach you can go to.

amother
Maple

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 11:19 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
These giveaways are a scam. I would hesitantly venture to say that these huge big ticket chinese auctions are similar.

Don't ever expect to win. You won't.

Disagree. I actually won 3 times on instagram! Once a high end dress for my then toddler, once a clip on bun for a wig and once a 3 day, in between school and daycamp, fun school for my DD. My instagram's been blocked for a while now, but I wonder if there's any other giveaways that arent on Instagram.

PeanutMama

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 11:23 pm
Op if it helps there is a person on Instagram who gives away free wigs to those in need.

https://www.instagram.com/s/aG.....2M2Y=

amother
Acacia

Post Mon, Jul 25 2022, 11:55 pm
I totally understand you, OP.

I'd be so mad/jealous if someone who didn't need something won it, when I needed it so badly.

A wig for someone who doesn't cover her hair? Why did she even enter?! (I smell a rat.)

seeker

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 12:22 am
amother [ Acacia ] wrote:
I totally understand you, OP.

I'd be so mad/jealous if someone who didn't need something won it, when I needed it so badly.

A wig for someone who doesn't cover her hair? Why did she even enter?! (I smell a rat.)

OP said the giveaway included several items, including a wig. Presumably the other items were more useful. Actually happened to me back when the web was smaller, twice I won a sweepstakes for a bunch of things together and really only had use for some. One I sold and one I gave away, while using the other items in the bundle which really were very useful to me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media