Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Please share your favorite Far Rockaway/Five Towns...
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
NeonBlue

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 9:30 am
Pediatrician another vote for dr simai, though there are so many good pediatricians in the area you really can't go wrong.

General adult doctor I use arsenio medical. Almost everyone I know uses Dr. Carrey but tbh they all complain that it's impossible to get a call back if they have question, because he is so busy.

Dentist - adult and/or pediatric We use more random people because it's hard to find people that take our insurance but I know a lot of people are happy by Dr. Stein for adults, and for kids there's Dr. Marciano, Dr. Preminger, Dr. Krauss..tons of amazing pediatric dentists here.

Orthodontist We use Dr. Paley

Midwife/obgyn/women's health practice Dr. Ira Bachman. Very local (in Cedarhurst), has convenient hours, delivers in South Nassau, and just a very calm caring doctor.

amother
Snapdragon

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 9:49 am
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
I haven’t loved in far rock in a handful of years but here’s who I would recommend:

Pediatrician - Dr Simai
Adult Doc - Dr Carrey
OBGYN - Great Neck OBGYN group, Dr Rifkin is amazing. Saved my daughters life during labor/delivery and stayed extremely calm so I didn’t know until after!
Eye Doctor - I always used Dr. Shorr a”h, I heard the new lady who runs his practice is great Dr Namdar. She may be an optometrist rather than an ophthalmologist, so if that makes a difference to you definitely check into it.

I second Dr Namdar. She's excellent. Not sure if she's an opthalmologist though. She could definitely refer you though.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:23 am
Pediatrician: Dr Zev Ash (he is in Cedarhurst)

Dentist: Dr Gila Jedwab, pediatric: Dr Krauss

Adult Dr: Dr. Smith at Arsenio Medical

Gyn/ob: Dr Bachman

All are amazing!

amother
Honey

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:27 am
So many Dr. Bachman patients here! It’s funny because I feel like most of my friends in real life use Dr. Herman.

amother
Gladiolus

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:30 am
Actually- for just gyn (and if you prefer a female gyn)Very Happyr. Joan Haselkorn is fabulous.

amother
Maize

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:44 am
For nutritionist there are a million From the famous Aliza beer to Suri greenwald, Chaya Eberstark. Every block in cedarhurst, Woodmere , far rock has one

amother
PlumPink

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:52 am
It’s been a few years since I moved but I had a good experience with Rickie Penstein-Hirt for Obgyn

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:15 am
I forgot to mention- for sheitals I use raizy reisman in inwood. she recently moved from far rockaway.
I also get haircuts from her
347 452 0936

do you want playgroup and babysitter info too?

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:31 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Moving soon and overwhelmed starting from scratch, please share if you can recommend your_____ and what you like/dislike about them:

Pediatrician dr Simai

General adult doctor dr carrey

Dentist - adult and/or pediatric - Pediatric dr Marciano

Orthodontist- Oppenheimer

Midwife/obgyn/women's health practice- dr jacobs but she’s not for everyone. You need to be able to handle her.

Podiatrist (nothing too complicated, child has insoles for very flat feet)

Nutritionist/Dietician- Dassi Lemberger, Tamar Neuman

Organizer/consultant for kitchen/home, preferably not high end cost - not sure what exactly you are looking for.

Many thanks for all your help!

All answers are in the quote

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 9:42 pm
Thank you so much! Now I need to process all this and make a bunch of phone calls and figure out how to proceed... moving was the least of my challenges... B"H we got schools for starters Whew

amother
Springgreen

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:08 pm
what brings you to far rockaway?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 12:04 am
We were priced out of our old neighborhood but wanted to stay in NY due to family and jobs. B"H things seem to be working out well but all these little details are overwhelming since we lived in the same neighborhood since before the kids were born so we never had to change any of these things.

amother
Darkblue

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 7:07 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We were priced out of our old neighborhood but wanted to stay in NY due to family and jobs. B"H things seem to be working out well but all these little details are overwhelming since we lived in the same neighborhood since before the kids were born so we never had to change any of these things.

Welcome to the neighborhood!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:53 pm
Urgent help please - on advice from this thread I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Carrey (actually with his PA or NP or something as he had a long wait and I need a medical form for work)

My appointment is first thing tomorrow and google has 3 different locations for him! By the time I could call the office to find out where I'm going, I'd already be late! I'm seeing google results in Inwood, Hewlett, and Woodmere.

For a regular PCP checkup with his PA or NP or something, where do I go?!!

I feel so stupid lol

amother
Darkblue

Post Tue, Sep 20 2022, 11:57 pm
amother OP wrote:
Urgent help please - on advice from this thread I scheduled an appointment with Dr. Carrey (actually with his PA or NP or something as he had a long wait and I need a medical form for work)

My appointment is first thing tomorrow and google has 3 different locations for him! By the time I could call the office to find out where I'm going, I'd already be late! I'm seeing google results in Inwood, Hewlett, and Woodmere.

I feel so stupid lol

As far as I know, he is currently in Inwood

amother
Molasses

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 6:45 am
amother OP wrote:

I feel so stupid lol

Inwood

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 8:05 am
270 Doughty Blvd?

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 8:09 am
amother OP wrote:
270 Doughty Blvd?

Yes

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 8:10 am
For Inwood Google says 270 Daughty but the street view of that address shows Warshavsky hematology and oncology... please advise and thank you SO much!

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Sep 21 2022, 8:41 am
amother OP wrote:
For Inwood Google says 270 Daughty but the street view of that address shows Warshavsky hematology and oncology... please advise and thank you SO much!

I think he’s in the same building/office
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries