Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
REDECORATING DD'S ROOM

amother

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 6:09 pm
I am sure many on the site have great decorating ideas--so please help!

I want to redecorate my dd's room, she is 18 months old. We are taking out all the other stuff that is making it even smaller than it is and I want it to be bedroom/playroom--since we live in a tiny place.

So, any ideas on how to make the walls look nice-right now they have water-damage, are peeling, and dont look nice. (But my landlord won't paint).

Also, how should I make it bright and airy (no windows) and a nice area for toys?

Thanks!

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 6:14 pm
Why did you post as imamother? Is it an embarresing thing to make a babys room look cute?

What color are the walls? Would you consider wallpaper or is that out too? You can hang cute things on the wall that is pink and will make it look girly. I have a cute pink clock with little hooks on one wall, on another wall is a pink modei any plaque, and the third wall is a cute white shelf with 2 pink small teddies and a picture frame. dd room is pretty small too. in one corner behind her crib where you cant see it when entering is a few toys nicely displayed. maybe you can get a cute toybox to put there? Do you have any closets or bins where you can store most of her toys?

amother

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 6:29 pm
No, but it is embarrassing that she sleeps in such a yucky place--I am just trying to make it nice for her.

Your suggestions are good, but she pulls down anything semi-attached to the walls, such as picture frames, etc. But I was thinking of those hanging things for stuffed animals--do you know where to get them?

Thanks so much!

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 6:31 pm
You can hang them higher then what she can reach. Do you live in bkyn bec. I know a place that sells cute things to hang on the wall for cheap.

Mimisinger

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 6:42 pm
They sell borders that just peel on and off like a sticky...that would add cute color.

yo'ma

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 6:46 pm
he won't paint, but does he allow you to?

amother

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 6:46 pm
Yes, I am in Brooklyn. Where's that store you mentioned?

greenfire

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 6:53 pm
several things
landlord should paint - imo
the source of the water damage should be assured before spending time and money to decorate
um then there are steps to fix the walls and ready them for the paint or paper ... such as spackling, sanding, and priming

now ... once you are ready ... you can paint a simple coat of a nice girly color such as lavender and find a cute feminine border which you can put 1/2 way 3/4 of the way up the wall or at the top ... you can even paint above and below border 2 seperate colors ...

as for the stuffed animals ... you can go to toys r us and purchase a teddy bear hammock ...

flowerpower

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 8:51 pm
It's a hardwares store right near Petite Prices on 13 ave and 43 st. They are so cheap and have cute stuff. Check it out. Home depot or Lowes should have cute cheap shelves. They make a big difference.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics