Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Organzing coat closet- help!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:01 am
I have a pretty small coat closet. aside from coats, I need a place for each of my kids "stuff" to go in. everything gets thrown into the bottom of the coat closet and needless to say its a giant mess. I tried hooks, but it got too crowded and still didnt help with all the other stuff like shoes, gloves etc..

I was thinking maybe some sort of big bucket/box for each kid? maybe their shoes and stuff can all go in their own box, maybe even knapsack/camp bag?

any idea what kind of box I should look for? it has to be open (as opposed to being fit inside of a cube unit) so it is easy to throw stuff into in and doesnt have to be crunched low enough to fit into the unit.

any better ideas?

amother
Chambray

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:26 am
I hung up a shoe organizer on the inside door of the coat closet, the kind made out of material with a lot of small pockets. I put in there gloves, hats scarves.
You can put a cubby type of cabinet in the bottom of the coat closet with a bin for each kids stuff

amother
Whitewash

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 12:37 pm
I want to get a cube storage for my coat area. Either a 2 cube or 4 cube unit and all the hats, gloves, bags and other stuff to go into boxes inside the unit. Shoes get kept upstairs at the bottom of individual closets so I don't need for that. I have seen nice shoe cupboards though that might be nice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics