Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
If you work: when do you use bathroom?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:18 pm
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Because it is difficult to wash before hand.

Clean with a wipe, then do the hefsek. That’s what I do if I’m out. That’s what I do if I’m home too!! Am I missing something?

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:19 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
Clean with a wipe, then do the hefsek. That’s what I do if I’m out. That’s what I do if I’m home too!! Am I missing something?

Internally with a wipe?

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:20 pm
Internally with a wipe?

No, then I get dry. I do a quick swipe on the outside, then I do my hefsek. What cleaning is there?

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:21 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
No, then I get dry. I do a quick swipe on the outside, then I do my hefsek. What cleaning is there?

I was always taught to clean the inside to get rid of any blood that may be "hiding" in the folds, etc.

Ema of 5

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:23 pm
I was always taught to clean the inside to get rid of any blood that may be "hiding" in the folds, etc.

Ok, so do a quick wipe of the inside, and then do a hefsek. It shouldn’t take more than a few seconds to do a quick wipe, right? For me, the hardest part is remembering to do a hefsek and bedika before shkia….

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:32 pm
Am I the only one who poops numerous times a day? Now I'm thinking something is wrong with me, if most of you go just once a day.

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:32 pm
Thank you for starting this post! I’m so jealous of people who can “schedule” their bowel movements or just go whenever. Since I was a child, I have had issues because of my “shy” bowel that refused to allow me to use the bathroom anywhere but home—I would literally go two weeks straight without having a bm when I went to sleep away camp, and then spent Visiting Day in the bathroom. I’m in my 30s now and things have not improved. I’m a teacher and I only have a few minutes between periods. I simply cannot relax enough. I’m perpetually constipated and when I finally do use the bathroom, it’s an ordeal—we’ll leave it at that.

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:37 pm
Well, I will say the Brocha "Asher Yatzar" with more appreciation, that I don't have this issue.

perquacky

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:38 pm
This thread reminds me of an article I read several years back in the New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/0......html

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:39 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Thank you for starting this post! I’m so jealous of people who can “schedule” their bowel movements or just go whenever. Since I was a child, I have had issues because of my “shy” bowel that refused to allow me to use the bathroom anywhere but home—I would literally go two weeks straight without having a bm when I went to sleep away camp, and then spent Visiting Day in the bathroom. I’m in my 30s now and things have not improved. I’m a teacher and I only have a few minutes between periods. I simply cannot relax enough. I’m perpetually constipated and when I finally do use the bathroom, it’s an ordeal—we’ll leave it at that.

The most favorable time of day to go is in the morning. If at all possible, give yourself time to go after having eaten or drunk something. Also, you may wish to incorporate things in your diet to help you go. For example, ground flaxseed.

Frumwithallergies

Post Tue, Jul 26 2022, 11:57 pm
Sooooooo
There exists a reflex called the gastro-colic reflex: when food hits your stomach, it triggers a reflex in your colon and you will feel the urge to have a bowel movement.

My strategies to overcome the poo-shyness are the following:

Flush to cover up noises.
Flush as you poo to keep the smells at bay.
Bring a palm-sized air freshener with you when you go to the bathroom for a spritz right before you exit.

#BestBubby

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 12:01 am
There are sprays like Poo-pouri - where you spray the toilet water BEFORE you go,
and it eliminates odor - so they claim.

amother
Babyblue

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 12:20 am
OP, I totally get you.

I never paid so much attention , until recently. I noticed that I go to the bathroom as soon as I get home from work (or within an hour or so after coming home)

It is super uncomfortable for me if I need to go at work once in a blue moon. I really dislike it. Obviously there is no choice sometimes, but it is very rare for me

amother
Aconite

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 12:22 am
#BestBubby wrote:
There are sprays like Poo-pouri - where you spray the toilet water BEFORE you go,
and it eliminates odor - so they claim.

It smells really strong and lets everyone know, with a more pleasant odor, that someone has pooped.

amother
Peru

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 12:29 am
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:

You might need a specific diet or supplements

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 1:56 am
Thank you all for your ideas!
I feel validated:)

I would have no problem going at work if I would feel the urge (although slightly awkward cuz office so small) but I think my body is just not comfortable enough to feel the need.

I try to go in the morning and sometimes it works but usually it takes me a lot more than 3 minutes since I first need to eat/drink and relax before I feel like I need to go. Then sometimes I tense up because the kids are waking up or I need to leave soon.

Going right when I come home is not really an option because I have 2 little kids.

Yesterday morning I stayed home later after kids left and drank my coffee but it just wasn't going and I came late to work and was bloated the whole day - so frustrating!!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 1:59 am
The most favorable time of day to go is in the morning. If at all possible, give yourself time to go after having eaten or drunk something. Also, you may wish to incorporate things in your diet to help you go. For example, ground flaxseed.

right, I feel that it works best for me in morning.

Ya, I think I need to incorporate more of those foods. It's just so weird because before I started working I never needed them!

amother
Raspberry

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 2:02 am
What do all you bathroom shy people do whe. Pregnant? I used to need to pee every half an hour or so. Do you just not leave the house?

amother
Geranium

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 7:34 am
OP I have that sensitive digestive system too and need to be relaxed. It became very bad so now upon my nutritionist direction I eat 2 tbsp chia seeds over yogurt and it's very gentle and I manage to go even if I'm at work.

amother
Candycane

Post Wed, Jul 27 2022, 7:49 am
amother [ Raspberry ] wrote:
What do all you bathroom shy people do whe. Pregnant? I used to need to pee every half an hour or so. Do you just not leave the house?

Notice we are all talking abt #2
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics