Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
ATT: those w/ many children in 2 b-room aptmt

Nicole

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 8:06 pm
We currently have (b'h) 2 children in a 2 bedroom SMALL aptmt. We are very fortunate. It looks like we will be living here at LEAST another year, so I wanted some tips from those who have experience.
I know that it's possible for many more than 2 kinderlach to be in our aptmt. Where can I better store their clothing (size newborn and up for each respectively) and their toys? What do you do? There is a finite amount of space and boxes and boxes of clothing etc.
What works for you?
Thanks.

malkie

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 8:25 pm
Have you ever tried Space Bags https://www.spacebag.com/spacebag/901715/ to store clothes? You vacuum out the air and the clothes become flat and tiny.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 9:10 pm
I'm lucky with closet space -- my kids don't really need too much hung (but then again, both of mine are boys Wink) so we have lots of room in the closet, for hanging and for boxes. We are also fortunate we have a storage space downstairs that our apartment gives us, but we only got it last year (long story), so we did manage without it beforehand. The space saver bags are a good idea, and I also have less of a problem since some of the clothes my kids could share (a boy and girl make it a bit harder Tongue Out)....my crib doesn't have a drawer or anything underneath, so we put stuff under there too, and boxes for under our beds work well to store maternity clothing, and other clothing I won't be wearing for a while....
Toys we keep on a couple shelves on our bookcases in the living room, and actually have a plastic box of electronic toys we save for car trips and the like under our couch and is totally hidden from view...

yo'ma

Post Tue, May 20 2008, 9:13 pm
Boxes of clothing we didn't need, I left by my parents LOL . For toys, I had a bookcase that held all the toys, well, almost. Wink

zigi

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 7:34 am
I used to store the kids clothes in boxes under the crib. a bunk bed can fit 2 kids and have storage underneath, if you don't have a big closet, its important to have a large freestanding closet and use the space wisely. you could probably have less clothing to deal with if you have your own washer and dryer.

Pickle Lady

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 7:50 am
I live in a 2 bedrom with 4 kids. I just recently figured out that I have to just get rid of clothes unless I love it. So now I am trying to get rid of the clothes.

Pizza

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 9:24 am
I am trying desperately to practice the policy of tossing what we dont use or love. (CLothes, books, toys...)

If you need it again in the future, odds are you will be able to borrow it or Hashem will send it to you in some form.

Worked so far for baby clothes, rocking glider, and some baby furniture. Also makes it easier to get dressed in the morning

Good luck!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 9:42 am
Ah, we lend out things we don't currently need. Exersaucer, swing, bouncy seats, whatever...we don't need 'em, let them be used elsewhere in the meantime Smile

louche

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 12:15 pm
Don't have a lot of possessions. Kids don't need them. Better one good-size toy they'll use over and over than a million little chachkes they'll use once and abandon in the bottom of the toy box.

greenfire

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 12:43 pm
ah I thought you were gonna say where do you put them all ... I had a bunkbed with a trundle and a crib in the same room ... that makes 4 kiddies ... Lady Study Lady Lady

Nicole

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 2:16 pm
greenfire wrote:
ah I thought you were gonna say where do you put them all ... I had a bunkbed with a trundle and a crib in the same room ... that makes 4 kiddies ... Lady Study Lady Lady

that's my plan! lol. plus a cradle/ bassinet in our rom. we can stay until Hashem blesses us with 5.
Thanks everyone, for your ideas. it looks like we'll have to store the glider, amongst other things, at our parents' house for a while. LOL

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 2:24 pm
(Our glider is in the living room Wink)

Nicole

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 2:42 pm
(OUR living room is also the playroom and already has two couches. The glider has to go.)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 2:54 pm
Ah, we can't even fit a regular couch through our door...so we have a love seat, an armchair, and a glider, and the rest of the company can just sit on the floor Tongue Out

raizy

Post Wed, Jun 04 2008, 10:50 pm
yup I agree with all of u that said to chuck any clothes that u dont use anymore. that what I am doing and it cut down on 14 bags of unused clothing . I just did it again today and I have 2 more bags to go, . I just realized that if I have a baby girl I would want everything new. except the undershirts. after 4 boys I think that I deserve it. and my dd clothing will be so outdated for it. if I have a boy I have lots of things but alot of pants and stuff like that I just chucked out bc it was so ratty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics