Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Can’t buy food gas tuition Lakewood
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 9:50 pm
Wow everyone is so nice I’m literally crying
I can’t believe this!
You guys are the best
I hope to be able to help others in the future like you’re helping me!!

oneofakind

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 9:56 pm
Mrs Shanik runs an organization. I know they give out clothing vouchers and probably other things. Maybe contact them. Do you qualify for WIC and/or food stamps. Eggs and milk is so expensive, WIC is really worth it now and easy to qualify for.

amother
Darkblue

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Everything is going up!! Food is so expensive. I have no money for food for shabbos!! It used to be $100 on Thursday for shabbos food. Now it’s for sure $200 for basics. We don’t buy take out or fancy salmon, meat, cakes or cookies. What should I do? We’re both working!! Gas went up tons. It’s $100 to fill up my minivan! Tuition went up for every kid and playgroup and babysitters. Just got a letter from lsta $260 for each kid. Can’t afford camp. I have 3 kids home going crazy. My big kids are working in camps. I can’t afford to take them to a fun place or even just for ice cream.

How is everyone doing this? It’s impossible
And don’t tell me not to have more kids. I need to buy food for the kids I have now

Aren’t you getting boxes? The food is overflowing,

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I got a box. Am I allowed to get more than one? I thought one for each kid not getting in camp,
I canceled my cleaning lady for tomorrow.
My husband is not ready to be a bus driver right now. He’s working just not as much as before corona.

Honestly most organizers are begging people to take boxes. I heard over 400 were thrown out yesterday.

There’s also WhatsApp groups for people giving away food from the boxes that they don’t want.

mra01385

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:27 pm
I really do feel for the op. My boys are also home now going crazy cuz can’t afford to send to camp for both halves. But we are trying to make it work with going on small trips and to the park. Also, I think you’re allowed to get food boxes even if your kids are getting lunch in Daycamp.
I’m wondering how all these places are getting free food boxes of there is a food shortage?

amother
Impatiens

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:38 pm
OP my soul hurts and I feel you on a deep level because we are in the same boat.
DH works 85 hours a week
I work 50 and we’re still not making it.
We already let our cleaning lady go a few weeks ago.
Our car is about to be picked up
Our mortgage is behind 6 months
We have a shut off notice for our gas and electric
We still owe tuition from last school year
My kids are home from camp because we can’t afford it.
Our bank accounts is at 0
Our cc’s are maxed.
Our pantry is empty
Our fridge is empty (today the kids had homemade pizza “again” for dinner and my son wanted eggs but we didn’t even have any😪)
We also don’t have how to make shabbes yet but I know Hashem is right here with me, crying along and we have to trust that he knows what he is doing and even if we can’t see the reasons why this is happening I know something amazing is coming in the near future. Sending you hugs

mra01385

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:38 pm
If there are extra food boxes getting thrown out maybe people should tell them to donate them to Tomchei shabbos.

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:48 pm
mra01385 wrote:
I really do feel for the op. My boys are also home now going crazy cuz can’t afford to send to camp for both halves. But we are trying to make it work with going on small trips and to the park. Also, I think you’re allowed to get food boxes even if your kids are getting lunch in Daycamp.
I’m wondering how all these places are getting free food boxes of there is a food shortage?

I dont think so...you can only get food from 1 source- box or camp (if camp is using this food program to cover costs) for each kid. So if you have 1 kid in camp and 1 not in camp, you can get a box for the one not in camp.
But OP- definitely try to get on the WhatsApp groups for people giving food away. So much may end up getting tossed otherwise!

hayag1

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:49 pm
amother [ Impatiens ] wrote:
OP my soul hurts and I feel you on a deep level because we are in the same boat.
DH works 85 hours a week
Our cc’s are maxed.
Our pantry is empty
Our fridge is empty (today the kids had homemade pizza “again” for dinner and my son wanted eggs but we didn’t even have any😪)
We also don’t have how to make shabbes yet but I know Hashem is right here with me, crying along and we have to trust that he knows what he is doing and even if we can’t see the reasons why this is happening I know something amazing is coming in the near future. Sending you hugs

If you would like to pm your zelle info I would love to send you money to buy food for shabbos as well.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:51 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank u I feel better I’m not the only one.
I do Daven and beg Hashem for more money but right now we’re really struggling.
My husband is trying to borrow a few hundred for gas and food. We can’t pay the bills

Bh we got a food box yesterday
How is everyone doing it??

I can quickpay you a couple hundred dollars .

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:52 pm
Op do you live in Lakewood ?

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:55 pm
DH works 85 hours a week
Our cc’s are maxed.
Our pantry is empty

Give me your account information in the grocery and a grocery list. I will send you food for Shabbos.

mom of 8

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:55 pm
So proud to be a part of klal yisroel. Look at how many mothers are offering help. Wow. Hashem please bring the geulah. Look at the your children are doing

amother
Butterscotch

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:57 pm
DH works 85 hours a week
Our cc’s are maxed.
Our pantry is empty

Oh Hashem!
My heart is literally hurting for you and for op reading this! Crying
Sorry I can't offer you anything more but I will have you in mind in my tefillos.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:59 pm
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
Op do you live in Lakewood ?

Yes

Moonlight

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:06 pm
DH works 85 hours a week
Our cc’s are maxed.
Our pantry is empty

If you send me your zelle or PayPal I will also send you money for food/gas/tuition
I also encourage you to take food boxes if you live a city that is distributing

amother
Snowdrop

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:11 pm
I’m in the exact same boat and actually just finished bawling my eyes out. We are living from hand out to hand out and life is not sustainable. Could not afford to send my kids to camp this summer either. My DH’s self confidence is shot and that pains me more than anything. This has to end somehow. I know Hashem has a plan but right now it seems as if we’re beings swallowed up by a huge black hole. And no, we do not qualify for programs, we tried getting on everything but we ‘make too much’. Ha. That’s funny.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:24 pm
amother [ Snowdrop ] wrote:
I’m in the exact same boat and actually just finished bawling my eyes out. We are living from hand out to hand out and life is not sustainable. Could not afford to send my kids to camp this summer either. My DH’s self confidence is shot and that pains me more than anything. This has to end somehow. I know Hashem has a plan but right now it seems as if we’re beings swallowed up by a huge black hole. And no, we do not qualify for programs, we tried getting on everything but we ‘make too much’. Ha. That’s funny.

I feel for u. I’ll Daven for u and u Daven for me. It helps to know I’m not the only one. I go shopping and everyone has full shopping carts and I’m trying to get basics for the minimum amount. Are u sure u can’t get Wic? That was easy to get on. Something has to change there’s no way we can all do this anymore.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:28 pm
I know Ill be laughed off, BUT

Being that were going through really rough times and many are suffering badly, theres no time to discuss what to do, only how this situation can be helped immediately.

I have 3 ideas , if others have better or more ideas, let them offer them here or on a different thread.

1. Every Yeshiva should collect from the financially successful graduates, for those graduates who are struggling.

2. Organizations should set up a "pal system" where a financially well off person helps a struggling family, and where every struggling family has a "pal".

3. Every person living lavishly (with fancy homes, summer homes, fancy vacations, etc) should be asked to contribute a minimum amount to Tomchei Shabbos to enable Tomchei Shabbos to help more.

Miriams

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:29 pm
DH works 85 hours a week
Our cc’s are maxed.
Our pantry is empty

I wld love to help u too. Please pm me your Zelle. May your financial situation turn around quickly & May u be in a position to pay this forward😊.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics