Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Does your husband know how to cook?
1  2  3  Next

frummiebackhome

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 4:30 pm
Asking just for fun!

My husband is a better cook than I am but he leaves a big mess in the kitchen!

What's your husband's special? Mine's risotto!!

Also, where did your husbands learned? DH was very encouraged by his mom, but I have some friends's dh who had to learn living in Israel!

amother
Mayflower

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 4:37 pm
Farina, chocolate pudding, macaroni, grill cheese 😉

frummiebackhome

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 4:39 pm
amother [ Mayflower ] wrote:
Farina, chocolate pudding, macaroni, grill cheese 😉

Ohhh your husband makes dessert??? That's a treasure!!

amother
Ballota

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 4:48 pm
My husband can cook and bake.

He learnt from his grandparents who were caterers, chefs and bakers.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 4:55 pm
My husband is an amazing cook and baker!
I was very intimidated when we first got married, now after a few years I am very confident and have become good at cooking as well.
His skills came in handy when I was pregnant, and very helpful for when I am sick or just need a break from cooking. Generally I cook and he does the dishes.
He loves to bake when he is stressed out. I dont enjoy baking, and I cook mostly because I have to.

amother
Navyblue

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 4:57 pm
Scrambled egg. Frozen pizza. Tuna from A can. That’s it.

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 5:03 pm
My husband cooked more before leaving home than I did. His repertoire isn't huge and I mostly do all the cooking but he's happy to follow a recipe when he gets interested in something. He likes to make pies.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 5:30 pm
Not an ounce. He can make his own instant oatmeal and coffee. I had to teach him how to make pasta when I was pregnant and most of the time he can get a pan of prepared chicken into the oven.
Flip side is he doesn't insist on cooked food- he'll happily eat a cheese sandwich or bagel and peanut butter for every meal if that's around.

amother
Nemesia

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 5:35 pm
Dh can make scrambled eggs, tuna from a can, macaroni n cheese, sauteed liver, and cholent. That's what he lived off all his yeshiva years lol.

amother
NeonOrange

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 5:48 pm
Yes

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 5:51 pm
Nope, not at all

kenz

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 5:59 pm
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
Not an ounce. He can make his own instant oatmeal and coffee. I had to teach him how to make pasta when I was pregnant and most of the time he can get a pan of prepared chicken into the oven.
Flip side is he doesn't insist on cooked food- he'll happily eat a cheese sandwich or bagel and peanut butter for every meal if that's around.

Same. Except no instant oatmeal and he doesn’t drink coffee. He can reheat frozen pizza or leftovers from the fridge but guys, that’s not cooking. Nor is opening a can of tuna, which he will do but won’t mix it with anything. Instead he’ll just shmear some mayo on a piece of bread and eat it at the same time.😆 I think he can handle a box of pasta if push comes to shove. But he can fend for himself easily by being happy with almost anything, like leftover challah and dips for dinner.

amother
Cornsilk

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:01 pm
My husband can really cook anything. He learned from his mother who insisted all her children need to know how to cook (thanks mom in law!). And he knows to Google and read recipes very well. He has made awesome fried shnitzel (I never fry- only bake it), roasted vegetables, pancakes, waffles, eggs of all varieties, pasta, salads, duncan hines cake, liver, and coffee (does that count?)However.... he would rather I do all the cooking. And therefore, rarely cooks.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:10 pm
My husband can cook. When we got married I was clueless in the kitchen and quite intimidated. He does more cooking than baking, although he’ll sometimes bake if he wants cookies or cakes in the house and there aren’t any. He makes buffalo chicken, sautéed liver, beer battered sesame chicken, shakshuka, grilled chicken, burgers and more. And he makes a mean cholent. He helps me out with supper after I have a baby or on a hectic night, and does some of the Shabbos cooking too. I wasn’t expecting my husband to cook- my father never made anything.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:12 pm
He cooks nothing. But it's ok cuz he cleans up after I cook!

amother
Lily

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:16 pm
my husband knows how to make eggs, saute onions, grilled cheese, boiled eggs, and maybe even pasta. other than that he just observed seeing his mom cook all his growing up years and even me cooking at the beginning of our marriage. He can pretty easily follow recipes and has done that over our married life when I either didn't have time to bake and he was desperate for something to snack on or when I was going to make a simple supper and he decided we can't have eggs but need to have salmon, baked potatoes and grill peppers or something like that. and he'd managed to put it all together with some of my direction and while following a cookbook.
(But he also has this mentality that its completely a woman's job to cook so if he does do anything in the kitchen its a whole ordeal and I much rather he stay away:)

imasinger

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:16 pm
My husband is a wonderful cook. Every Shabbos, he's in charge of the fish and meats, and I do the rest. Every Sunday, he makes the supper. He taught me a bunch of great recipes. Ever since he started keto, a couple of years ago, he bakes his own special low carb keto rolls.

When he cooks, I do the dishes, he knows how to wash dishes, but can forget.

amother
Petunia

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:20 pm
Um no I even make his coffee in the morning! But I don’t mind he’s super not picky and will eat anything !

srbmom

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:27 pm
Quote:
Scrambled egg. Frozen pizza. Tuna from A can. That’s it.

This minus the scrambled egg.
He eats almost anything I make for him though.
And bh he can wash dishes Laugh

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 6:33 pm
DH is a master in take-out. And on rare occasions he shows off his cereal and milk repertoire. LOL
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen