Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Separation anxiety

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:03 pm
Ever since starting his new day camp my 2.5 has such separation anxiety! He cries all morning at camp tht he wants his mommy ! Any ideas to make this easier for him ( and the morahs!!)?

amother
Lightpink

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:14 pm
Idk, maybe he really just needs his mommy? Is it a crime for a 2 year old to need his mothers security?
Why did it become “separation anxiety “ when your baby is just acting the way the Creator intended it to be? He SHOULD have anxiety being away from mommy. It’s natural.
(As an aside, since it only started by this new place, this is his only way of telling you he doesn’t want to be there. Maybe their not giving him enough attention? )
SORRY TO LASH IT OUT ON YOU OP, just a personal pet peeve that ppl think there’s something wrong when a young kid doesn’t want to leave his mom…

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:18 pm
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:
Idk, maybe he really just needs his mommy? Is it a crime for a 2 year old to need his mothers security?
Why did it become “separation anxiety “ when your baby is just acting the way the Creator intended it to be? He SHOULD have anxiety being away from mommy. It’s natural.
(As an aside, since it only started by this new place, this is his only way of telling you he doesn’t want to be there. Maybe their not giving him enough attention? )
SORRY TO LASH IT OUT ON YOU OP, just a personal pet peeve that ppl think there’s something wrong when a young kid doesn’t want to leave his mom…

Can I share that pet peeve with you?

amother
Marigold

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 3:00 am
Totally age appropriate! How long is he at daycare? If it starts right after he wakes up, and he only has a short amount of time together before bed, he needs that connection with you.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 8:39 am
amother [ Lightpink ] wrote:

I hear you!!! And I make sure to give him plenty of att ... the reason I was asking because he never had this by his morah all year he was always so excited to go. This is new . I kept him home for a week now because it broke my heart to send him wen he was so sad ... but I do need to work...

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 8:41 am
amother [ Marigold ] wrote:
Totally age appropriate! How long is he at daycare? If it starts right after he wakes up, and he only has a short amount of time together before bed, he needs that connection with you.

He wakes up at 6 and doesn’t go to daycamp till 930 I pick him up at three and he goes to bed 7 .... I feel terrible tht he so sad... I do give him a ton of att the time he is home... he’s my first and have a seven month old so I hav the time and sit on the floor and play with him do projects read books....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics