Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
54 inch beds master what size duvet
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:20 pm
Do I get regular twin size or larger?

And will it complicate matter when buying linen?
Do 54 sheets come with queen duvets in sets? Or is twin the standard even if the set has 54 sheets?

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:23 pm
54 is considered full and goes with full size comforters

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:37 pm
amother [ Seagreen ] wrote:
54 is considered full and goes with full size comforters

Thank you. Will I have a hard time finding linen sets in the Jewish stores?

amother
Wandflower

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:39 pm
Depends how much you want the duvet covers to hang down. Many take queen duvet covers for full beds.

mizle10

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you. Will I have a hard time finding linen sets in the Jewish stores?

No, but why would you want to? The perk to getting standard size beds instead of some ridiculous jewish size is that you can get beautiful linen anywhere, usually for a fraction of the price,

mizle10

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:42 pm
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
Depends how much you want the duvet covers to hang down. Many take queen duvet covers for full beds.

Wouldn't that be massive? I have queen beds with queen duvets and I tuck the duvet covers into my bedframe. An extra 3 inches on each side would be almost on the floor.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 8:44 pm
mizle10 wrote:
No, but why would you want to? The perk to getting standard size beds instead of some ridiculous jewish size is that you can get beautiful linen anywhere, usually for a fraction of the price,

I’d love that! Can you recommend sites or links?
So I’m safe with 54 sheets and Full size duvet

amother
Grape

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:29 pm
I have this blanket in the "full" size.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00V.....ss_tl

amother
Canary

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 10:33 pm
I just learned when I was buying linen that duvets and duvet covers vary in size, even when called the same thing. Not all "queen" is the same and not all "full" is the same. Go on amazon and search for "full duvet" and you can find varying sizes in the description. Usually its just an inch or two different, but Jewish store duvet covers can be vastly different from other ones. So if you buy duvets to fit your Jewish store bought linen, it may not fit into a duvet cover from Macys.

nicole81

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:31 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Wouldn't that be massive? I have queen beds with queen duvets and I tuck the duvet covers into my bedframe. An extra 3 inches on each side would be almost on the floor.

Lol we're all different. I always used king duvets when I had a twin xl bed and would never use smaller. I like bunching up my duvet on the side to make my legs more comfortable.

So I have a full size bed now and I'm using my same king duvets.

OP I purchased great mid-range ( high low end?) sheets on Amazon and a new duvet cover. I only sleep on cotton or silk, but if you're fine with microfiber sheets (which are comfortable and soft), you can find them for super cheap online. I used them to save tons of money when I was younger.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 28 2022, 11:51 pm
Buy full duvet comes. Not the full/queen size. Make sure it’sa plain and true full.

Ma3

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 2:05 am
When I recently purchased a new full size bed, I got a full size comforter and it was waaaaay too big. Was told that I can't just order "full" size, need to check measurements and check if that's the right measurements that I would like.

amother
Wandflower

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 2:53 am
A full bed is 54×75. A regular full duvet is 76x86 and queen is 86x86.

stillnewlywed

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 5:51 am
54" is full size, just get Full size linen.

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 7:19 am
A full bed is 54×75. A regular full duvet is 76x86 and queen is 86x86.

Jewish queen duvets are 86x86. Search for a queen duvet on amazon, you will see that most of them are around 90.

amother
Wandflower

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 8:18 am
amother [ Canary ] wrote:
Jewish queen duvets are 86x86. Search for a queen duvet on amazon, you will see that most of them are around 90.

Nope. Regular queen is 86x86. Oversize queen is 90x94. Same in king. Regular king is 104x86 and California or oversize king is 108x94.

All depends with company duvet covers you are using.

I do this for a living 😀

amother
Canary

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 8:49 am
Nope. Regular queen is 86x86. Oversize queen is 90x94. Same in king. Regular king is 104x86 and California or oversize king is 108x94.

All depends with company duvet covers you are using.

I do this for a living 😀

ok I believe you, but you'll still have the wrong size duvet if you buy linen in a Jewish store and a duvet on Amazon. Because I just did this, and when you search for a queen duvet on amazon you will get duvets that are 90x94. Unless you know to check the size and I found one that is 86x86. But only one. And they all show up as queen. None of the amazon sellers call it "queen" and "oversize queen".

amother
Wandflower

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 9:19 am
amother [ Canary ] wrote:
ok I believe you, but you'll still have the wrong size duvet if you buy linen in a Jewish store and a duvet on Amazon. Because I just did this, and when you search for a queen duvet on amazon you will get duvets that are 90x94. Unless you know to check the size and I found one that is 86x86. But only one. And they all show up as queen. None of the amazon sellers call it "queen" and "oversize queen".

Depends which linen one is using. Generally matouk Sferra linen will be 90x94 or similar. We sell an equal amount of 86x86 and 90x94 for queen beds to the secular public. I personally would go with the 90x94 for a fluffier look even if the duvet cover is 2-3 inches smaller.

amother
Butterscotch

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 9:26 am
My queen duvet (comforter cover) is 90 x 90 and my comforter (duvet insert) is 88 x 88. Both purchased on Amazon.

amother
Wandflower

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 9:29 am
amother [ Butterscotch ] wrote:
My queen duvet (comforter cover) is 90 x 90 and my comforter (duvet insert) is 88 x 88. Both purchased on Amazon.

Perfect!!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics