Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Appetizer help

tsc3

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 4:32 am
What can I serve shabbos day with sautéed liver? No eggs, cabbage. There will be a variety of dips. A green salad at the main meal so no salad either.
I was thinking a rice noodle dish, any easy recipes?
Other suggestions?
Thanks!

nicole81

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 5:03 am
tsc3 wrote:
What can I serve shabbos day with sautéed liver? No eggs, cabbage. There will be a variety of dips. A green salad at the main meal so no salad either.
I was thinking a rice noodle dish, any easy recipes?
Other suggestions?
Thanks!

I think I can stand on its own on a bed of sauteed onions, meaning make tons of extra onions. If you have want more, you can it with sauteed onions on crostinis. You can also serve it over long grain rice. I'm a fan of simple.

Just to clarify, are you looking to see the liver with the accompaniment on the same plate? Or just looking for another separate side dish that complements lived?

momaleh

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 5:20 am
First of all, a salad with the main doesn't mean you can't serve another type of salad with the appetizer. I routinely serve many salads throughout a meal, usually two at the main course.

An old-fashioned presentation of liver would have you serve it on a bed of lettuce with grape tomatoes and crackers.

You can add some pizzazz to that with crostini instead of crackers, like Nicole said.

tsc3

Post Fri, Jul 29 2022, 5:27 am
It's sautéed liver, not chopped.
Everything will be in the middle of the table. Not plated.
Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus