Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Chasidishe Titbits for inspiration

LubavitchLeah

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 4:50 pm
I dont know how others' feel but I often get so caught up in everyday "mundane" tasks of kids, housecleaning, shopping etc that I crave a few lines here and there inspired with Torah thoughts. I know Chasidis is not everyones' thing , but for those that connect this way , please share a few thoughts here.

The irony of this world is specificaly that it is a material world, inhabited by physical beings. Although we are physical we all B"H have Jewish neshamahs. However we all unfortunatly have to sleep, and eat, and be involved in many activities that superficially seem to be very remote from spirituality. Especially women. I know that I dream of sitting and learning or praying all day as opposed to cleaning dishes, changing diapers etc etc. The irony is that we as women have all these demands that seem to take us away from our essence. This is a paradox of Yidddishkeit. It seems to conflict. In reality when we "descent" into this material world it is specificaly to ELEVATE the physical world into spiritual or holy place. Therefore all our physical so called "mundane" activities of us Yidden in this world are in fact permeated with spirituality. SO when we are doing housework, raising our kids according to Torah we are making this world a dwelling place for HaShem and these so called "mundane" activities become even more elevated than if we had been involved only in the spiritual realm, for in this way wee fulfill the main purpose of creation. Lets all BRING LIGHT into this world and prepare for the Ultimate Redemption NOW!!

tzivi

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 4:51 pm
Great topic....
I am waiting to be inspired! Very Happy

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 13 2005, 4:55 pm
I am already Thanks Lubavitch leah Very Happy

Motek

Post Tue, Nov 22 2005, 8:51 am
When the Rebbe announced "mivtza chinuch", the mashpia R' Mendel Futerfas a'h would speak about it a lot. He explained that mivtza chinuch is about educating ourselves. Chinuch that begins with ourselves. R' Mendel would say, "Mivtza chinuch! The Rebbe wants each of us to be mechanech ourselves!"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics