Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
*Time Sensitive: Shani Gruenfeld babysitter on East 36th, nr

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 10:48 pm
Anyone has ANY information on a babysitter Shani Gruenfeld, located on East 36th off Avenue K, in Brooklyn?

I need to make a decision asap about who to use, and no one I asked uses her.

If you used her or anyone you know used her, would you use her for your infant?

Please respond asap.

Tia

amother
Catmint

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:02 pm
I used her and was very happy. My baby was by her from age 3 months - 22 months. You should know she does have a number of kids she watches but she has her daughter that helps her. I found my child was happy to be dropped off in the mornings and was well fed and clean when picked up. She answered check in texts during the day.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:05 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
I used her and was very happy. My baby was by her from age 3 months - 22 months. You should know she does have a number of kids she watches but she has her daughter that helps her. I found my child was happy to be dropped off in the mornings and was well fed and clean when picked up. She answered check in texts during the day.

It bothers me that she has some kids sleeping in pack n plays one flight up and theres no teacher there, because both teachers are downstairs and only go up if they hear something (but they dont use a monitor, so baby has to be pretty loud). That has to be risky/unsafe.

Also ratio of child to teacher is 12:2. And she charges $7 an hour. Is that typical?

amother
Catmint

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:09 pm
Right, I know she uses pack and plays upstairs. I asked that my child sleep in the carriage downstairs where she is and I brought a carriage every day. When my child was old enough, already walking and I knew the exact times she slept, I didn't mind that she was put to sleep upstairs.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:11 pm
amother [ Catmint ] wrote:
Right, I know she uses pack and plays upstairs. I asked that my child sleep in the carriage downstairs where she is and I brought a carriage every day. When my child was old enough, already walking and I knew the exact times she slept, I didn't mind that she was put to sleep upstairs.

Why would being upstairs be any safer once a child walks? Can the baby get out of the pack n play, and come downstairs by herself if something hurts her, etc?

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:12 pm
Is there anyone else in the area of K in the 30s with a lower child to babysitter ratio?

amother
Cherry

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It bothers me that she has some kids sleeping in pack n plays one flight up and theres no teacher there, because both teachers are downstairs and only go up if they hear something (but they dont use a monitor, so baby has to be pretty loud). That has to be risky/unsafe.

Also ratio of child to teacher is 12:2. And she charges $7 an hour. Is that typical?

I don't know this babysitter, but you stay on the floor when your kids sleep? I always put my baby upstairs to nap in my house and go back downstairs while she naps. I used a babysitter at one point who put the babies to nap upstairs so it would be quiet and that never seemed strange to me at all.
12:2 isn't a great ratio, but having a second adlt is always better than just 1.

amother
Catmint

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:14 pm
No, my child wasn't climbing out of the pack and play. I meant the same way when my child turned around 18 months and was a little more at a toddler stage. I was ok putting her to sleep in a crib upstairs in my own home, I didn't see a difference if the babysitter did the same. I know the time she wakes up and/or she would call for me to come get her. She wasn't a little baby anymore that I was checking on during a two hour nap.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Jul 30 2022, 11:16 pm
amother [ Cherry ] wrote:
I don't know this babysitter, but you stay on the floor when your kids sleep? I always put my baby upstairs to nap in my house and go back downstairs while she naps. I used a babysitter at one point who put the babies to nap upstairs so it would be quiet and that never seemed strange to me at all.
12:2 isn't a great ratio, but having a second adlt is always better than just 1.

Do you use a monitor when youre downstairs and your child is upstairs?

Also, your own child you probably check as often as you can. Babysitters are very busy.

amother
Iris

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 10:29 pm
I dont know anything about that specific babysitter, but I used to have that setup when I worked as a babysitter. Most kids slept upstairs besides for the newborns, which I kept downstairs in a bassinet/carriage.
I would go upstairs fairly often as the babies were not all on the same schedule and I would check on the sleeping ones whenever I would take a child for a nap.
Also, I could still hear the babies when they woke up. The house was pretty quiet in the middle of the day when most of the kids were napping.
Also $7/hour is pretty standard for that size group. If you want a smaller group you will have to spend more $$.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries