Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
What are you making tonight!!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 6:38 am
9 days!! What are you making?
I'm struggling especially cuz I can't really have dairy!!

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 6:53 am
grilled sea bass with baby potatoes and grilled veg

SG18

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 7:04 am
Tuna patties, lettuce salad (most likely with cucumbers and tomatoes), and either whole wheat toast or Israeli couscous (maybe both, DH prefers the bread and I prefer the couscous)

amother
Cerulean

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 7:08 am
whole trout stuffed with sliced mushrooms, coated with mustard & kosher salt, wrapped in alu baked in oven
salmon with sweet paprika, tomato slices and soy sauce in oven
mushrooms & tomatoes & broccoli with soy sauce & paprika baked in oven (with salmon)
Leftover rice from shabbos (in tray with salmon & mixed veggies)
zucchini slices with oil baked/grilled in oven
potatoe wedges tossed in oil, baked/grilled in oven

I put all those in the oven at same time, on two trays, one for fish & tossed veggies, one for zucchini & potatoes, for about 30 minutes at 200°C, check if the zucchini & potatoes are nicely browned&crispy, check if the trout & salmon are cooked all through, and serve, maybe with a mixed salad.

(Normally I would do just one kind of fish, but not everyone agrees on trout, so I have salmon as an alternative) (1 trout serves about 1-2 persons)

Important: salt the potatoes AFTER baking them, otherwise they get mushy.

amother
Daylily

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 7:27 am
Vegan bean and quinoa chili

amother
Glitter

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 7:33 am
So far nothing.
Options from my kitchen without going shopping: falafel, tuna patties, or gefilte fish patties

amother
Ultramarine

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 7:37 am
Scrambled eggs, toast, cereal and milk, pancakes, leftover cut fruit

Raisin

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 7:47 am
Look up vegan recipes, or fish. You can also make an egg based dish like quiche or frittata

tweety1

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 8:07 am
My kids have been begging me for the instant noodle soup for a while. So I'm serving that with scrambled eggs and bread.

amother
DarkGray

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 8:34 am
Scrambled eggs, toasts, hearty vegetable soup

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 9:04 am
I have a problem that my kids won’t eat any fish. My teen son won’t eat pasta.
If not for my son, I would have pasta often this week. My kids eat pizza so we’ll probably have that 2x but my husband won’t eat pizza so I will have to make him something else. Maybe one night I’ll make pancakes and have ice cream? My little kids are fine with bagels but my older ones eat bagels and eggs every morning so they won’t want it again later. They used to all eat falafel but last time I had it there were lots of complaints. They don’t like soups either. I really feel stuck. I think I will probably end up making a few different things every night.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 9:11 am
amother [ Whitesmoke ] wrote:
I have a problem that my kids won’t eat any fish. My teen son won’t eat pasta.
If not for my son, I would have pasta often this week. My kids eat pizza so we’ll probably have that 2x but my husband won’t eat pizza so I will have to make him something else. Maybe one night I’ll make pancakes and have ice cream? My little kids are fine with bagels but my older ones eat bagels and eggs every morning so they won’t want it again later. They used to all eat falafel but last time I had it there were lots of complaints. They don’t like soups either. I really feel stuck. I think I will probably end up making a few different things every night.

Can you prepare extra pizza the night you make it and freeze it so you can bake it fresh again a few nights without working again?
Same for pasta, drain and rinse then toss with oil and refrigerate in a ziploc, squeeze out the air before zipping closed. Then you can prepare easy pasta dishes multiple times without feeling like you're cooking multiple times each night.
For fish for the dh (in my case it's for me), I bought a pack and froze each fillet in a separate ziploc so I can bake a slice really quickly each night.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 9:14 am
ra_mom wrote:
Can you prepare extra pizza the night you make it and freeze it so you can bake it fresh again a few nights without working again?
Same for pasta, drain and rinse then toss with oil and refrigerate in a ziploc, squeeze out the air before zipping closed. Then you can prepare easy pasta dishes multiple times without feeling like you're cooking multiple times each night.
For fish for the dh (in my case it's for me), I bought a pack and froze each fillet in a separate ziploc so I can bake a slice really quickly each night.

Thank you. Some of it might work.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 9:14 am
I had planned to make fettucine alfredo and spiced sole, but my teenagers decided they're starving at 4:00 pm and just made themselves spaghetti Smile So teenage-made spaghetti and sole it is!

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 9:44 am
broccoli quiche and salad
poke bowls with salmon
stuffed shells and pea soup
fish tacos

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 9:52 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
9 days!! What are you making?
I'm struggling especially cuz I can't really have dairy!!

Hoping to buy some tuna steaks.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 9:54 am
French toast
Pasta (with whatecer each person wants on/with it)
Salmon
Sushi
Tuna quiche

Reality

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 9:55 am
Cut up watermelon and cherries
Tossed salad with cubed avocados
French toast

SuperWify

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 10:01 am
Garlic knots and calzones from the same dough
String beans
Cheesy cauliflower

I feel for you, it’s too hot for soups.

amother
Burntblack

Post Sun, Jul 31 2022, 10:07 am
My husband is making a siyum so we are having a bbq!! Hooray lol!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note