Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
How can I reach the roshei yeshiva of bmg?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 12:43 am
Are they reachable to speak to directly about an out of control problem in the community that no one is addressing?

amother
Blueberry

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 12:44 am
I don’t know… but I’m quite curious as to what this problem is…

amother
Strawberry

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 12:51 am
Either call their houses or call the BMG office...

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 1:04 am
What’s the out of control issue? Flip phones?

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 11:09 am
You would call their house phone. They’re all listed in the local phone book. Calling BMG itself is not going to help.

And there are a lot of people calling with their problems so it’s hard to get through.

happy mother1

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 11:10 am
you will get through eventually if you call their house phones

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 10:45 pm
happy mother1 wrote:
You will get through eventually if you call their house phones

It's actually not very hard. I've tried, and gotten through right away to R' Yeruchem Olshin (who was so unbelievable warm and easy to talk to!) and possibly also R' Malkiel Kotler on their house phones.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 11:21 pm
I've reached Rav Matisyahu Solomon quite easily by calling his house. I know he is not a Rosh Yeshiva but he is also extremely involved.

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 11:22 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I've reached Rav Matisyahu Solomon quite easily by calling his house. I know he is not a Rosh Yeshiva but he is also extremely involved.

Recently? He hasn't been well in recent years, I don't know how available he is anymore. (I'll be happy to hear if I'm wrong!)

amother
Dill

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 11:25 pm
amother [ Blueberry ] wrote:
I don’t know… but I’m quite curious as to what this problem is…

I assume it’s the shidduch crisis

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 11:30 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
Recently? He hasn't been well in recent years, I don't know how available he is anymore. (I'll be happy to hear if I'm wrong!)

No it was quite a few years ago. I'm sorry to hear that. He was so compassionate and gentle.

amother
Stone

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 11:42 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
It's actually not very hard. I've tried, and gotten through right away to R' Yeruchem Olshin (who was so unbelievable warm and easy to talk to!) and possibly also R' Malkiel Kotler on their house phones.
Rav Yeruchom is normally very hard to get thru to. At one point we needed something and dh had to track the RY down at minyan. So you probably have good mazel.

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 11:46 pm
I’m not sure if you’re aware, but Lakewood isn’t bmg anymore. Unless it’s an issue in bmg specifically I don’t know what you’ll accomplish by calling

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 11:49 pm
Still, many people in Lakewood listen to the Roshei Yeshiva. Almost every woman in Lakewood went to the Nekadesh event, largely due to the pressure BMG put on them and their husbands.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 12:36 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
Still, many people in Lakewood listen to the Roshei Yeshiva. Almost every woman in Lakewood went to the Nekadesh event, largely due to the pressure BMG put on them and their husbands.

I know very few women in Lakewood who went. We're living here many years, my husband learned in BMG for a few years after we got married. But we have nothing to do with BMG at this point and most of my friends and family feel the same. There will always be that connection, but BMG isn't really a part of our lives at this point. I think it depends on who your crowd is.

And think about all the newcomers in the last few years. Many of them know nothing about BMG.

amother
Tuberose

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 1:11 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

Huh. I live in a pretty yeshivish area and I can think of three married ladies who went (all our single dds old enough went).

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 6:04 am
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

Maybe almost every woman you know. I know maybe 2 women who went.
And most people I know don’t have a husband in bmg and don’t hold by those roshei Yeshiva specifically. We have our own rabbi we ask.

amother
NeonYellow

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 7:52 am
Years ago I called one of the roshei yeshiva about an issue. He told me what he thought. I asked him why people don’t listen? He said that his job would be much easier for him if people listened to everything he said.
Bottom line, I don’t think you will get anywhere with your phone call. Maybe try speaking with one of the rosh yeshivas wife’s?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 9:00 am
What about mashgichim, roshei chabura? They might have more time to hear you out and steer you to the best people who can help whatever change you want to try to effect.

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 9:35 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Maybe almost every woman you know. I know maybe 2 women who went.
And most people I know don’t have a husband in bmg and don’t hold by those roshei Yeshiva specifically. We have our own rabbi we ask.

Interesting. I thought I knew women from every part of Lakewood, between my extended family, friends, coworkers etc. most of the women I know in Lakewood aren’t affiliated with BMG but still went. I hardly know anyone who didn’t.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries