Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Facebook issues

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 7:26 am
I’m new to Facebook and the only reason why I made an account is for work. BUT it doesn’t let me get friends. The first time I registered, it said that I didn’t conform to their guidelines. Made absolutely no sense because I literally just registered. Anyway, I noticed a few days later that I was able to log on. Now it says it only allows a certain amount of posts and/or friends requests within a certain time frame. I have about 5 posts and was able to get 4 friend requests in about 2 weeks. Makes absolutely NO sense. Anyone can help please?

SYA

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 10:01 am
I’m not a FB pro.
Maybe share your FB page with others not through FB, like add a link to your email or on your WhatsApp status along the lines of follow us on FB (link).

Also is your settings more private or anyone can see your page and friend you?

sequoia

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 10:39 am
Did you use a fake name?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 7:34 am
It’s open to the public. It originally was kind of a fake name, but I changed it to a real name. Originally it was my sisters first name and my last, but now it’s her first and last.

WhatFor

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 7:50 am
Facebook answers these questions:

https://www.facebook.com/help/320587401313728

https://www.facebook.com/help/507253956146325

Why are you using someone else's name? Maybe someone reported you and that's where the issue is coming from.

Did you (or your sister actually) know all the people you friend requested? If not, they may have flagged your request as unwanted so Facebook thinks you're a fake profile (which you kind of are).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 8:04 am
Like I said it’s for a business and it’s with my sister, so I put her name in it because anyone who responds would more likely deal with her. No one would have reported me because the first time I tried a friend request it said what I previously wrote.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media