Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Silver tip roast

jd1212

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 8:44 am
IyH making a siyum for DH tomorrow night. The store only had silver tip roast, so that’s what I’m making (I was originally planning chuck, which I’ve made many times but I know is very different).

So far I’ve found a Jamie Gellar recipe online, but I’d love some tips or tried and true recipes from ladies who have made one yourselves. I don’t even own a meat thermometer but I can see if I can borrow one if really necessary. It’s two 3.5 lb pieces. Thank you!!

Last edited by jd1212 on Mon, Aug 01 2022, 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total

nicole81

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 8:54 am
It's best cooked rare, served fresh, and sliced thinly. It reminds me of the classic roast beef cut. The recipe ingredients don't really matter, this cut is all about the perfection of the meat imo.

Amethyst

Post Mon, Aug 01 2022, 10:41 am
This is not for a rare recipe.
This is the recipe we use almost every time (although we don't buy the meat so often...)
A can of cranberry sauce mixed with a packet of onion soup mix, pour it over the meat, cover it and cook. Someone once told me she also put in some wine into the sauce before cooking it. I'm not sure what type though. I think this would be ok for a 3.5 lb piece of meat, so I would do the above recipe for each piece of meat...
I don't know for sure for how long, I usually end up Googling it. Maybe 45 min or 1 hr per pound? Till it's nice and soft, easy to put a fork in and out of it.
When they're done, open the covers, let them cool, cut them against the grain and let the slices sit in the sauce.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics