Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Advice for broken engagement - modern
Previous  1  2

cfriedman2

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 2:04 pm
Is it possible that the grooms side called it off because they found out that the bride's side was lying about lots of stuff? Who knows what really went down here. I think to be fair the joint costs should be split (hall, music, pics etc) and costs that were set per side (dress, hair, tux, etc) should be paid for by that side. Ring returned

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 2:23 pm
#BestBubby wrote:
Off topic, but I read in the secular news about a non-jewish bride whose groom backed out
shortly before the wedding.

The wedding was fully paid for, so the bride made a party for poor and homeless people to enjoy.

A fantastic idea! Now that I call turning lemons into lemonade Smile

Bnei Berak 10

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 2:30 pm
cfriedman2 wrote:
Is it possible that the grooms side called it off because they found out that the bride's side was lying about lots of stuff? Who knows what really went down here. I think to be fair the joint costs should be split (hall, music, pics etc) and costs that were set per side (dress, hair, tux, etc) should be paid for by that side. Ring returned

From what has been stated there is no indication based on OPs post, right? Nobody knows what went down there as you say and yet you try to twist it. A bit more *tact* please. Soon 9 BeAv.

theoneandonly

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 12:39 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
1) MAZEL TOV!!!!
They should be zoche to find their true bashert easily and quickly.
This should be a kappa rag for them both and they should have obviously bracha moving forward.

2) legally, the ring needs to be returned to him. It is given under the tna’I that they are getting married and they didn’t. If they are married for 1hour, it is hers to keep. (Should I admit that I learned that on Judge Judy?)

3) I think expenses should be split. People should just be a mench as how this is handled will say a lot about you and your family for many years. I understand not taking the dress into account. I would ask if the dress can be donated to a Gamach and if the cost can be deducted from maaser.

OT but my friend who had a broken engagement told me she found it very hurtful when ppl told her mazel tov. I know the reasoning behind the mazel tov, but a little tact please. There are ppl going through a very painful situation right now.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics