Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info
Looking for seminary info-Bnos Shoshana and Havineini
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 02 2022, 11:38 pm
I'm trying to look into Havineini and Bnos Shoshana but there's not a lot of info about them since they're so new-I was wondering if anyone has any info about the type of girl that goes there? TIA!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:07 pm
Bump Smile

dena613

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:57 pm
all I know is that havineini is run by mrs. Ullman who used to be principal of... Can't remember seminary name TMI

BH Yom Yom

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 12:58 am
dena613 wrote:
all I know is that havineini is run by mrs. Ullman who used to be principal of... Can't remember seminary name TMI

Binas.

I thought Havineini was the shana beis of Binas? Is it its own seminary now?

fish

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:04 am
BH Yom Yom wrote:
Binas.

I thought Havineini was the shana beis of Binas? Is it its own seminary now?

Yes it is its own seminary now

amother
Moonstone

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:08 am
My daughter went to Bnos Shoshana this last year- it was formerly binas but than Mrs ullman split with the school. haveineni is her seminary that’s she’s opening for 1st year this year- it was previously a shana bet seminary.

amother
Marigold

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:08 am
I went to Binas a few years ago. Between the two I would sooner recommend Bnos Shoshana because of Mrs. Karp - she has been and still is one of my top 3 role models! She is an incredible person and her Aishes Chayil curriculum is profound and fascinating! Don't know anything about the other principal though - I heard she came from Bnos Batsheva

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:22 am
My daughter went to Bnos Shoshana this past year too. It is the renamed Binas, bc Mrs. Ulman left last summer and a new principal came. The rest of the staff and the location stayed the same, although according to my daughter they renovated the building they rent on Neve's campus. She really loved it there and was so happy the whole year. The teachers are even now still making a real effort to keep in touch with the students and it's so nice to see how she values the connections she made there and what she learned.

amother
Dustypink

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:36 am
I was in Binas a few years ago and absolutely loved it! Mrs. Karp and Ulman are amazing people - highly recommend either seminary. Binas was so warm and I’m sure they both kept that vibe going in their own seminaries.

Edited to fix a grammar error 🤦‍♀️

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:16 pm
Thank you so much to everyone who shared their experience!

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:51 pm
We were also looking into those 2 options and cording to what we heard, bnos shoshana is supposed to take over the bnos batsheva crowd ( I think more typical yeshivish) and havineini the binas crowd (apparently not as yeshivish and more "spiritual"??, but I dont fully understand what type that is supposed to be).

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Nov 15 2022, 11:57 am
Any other insight into these two seminaries?
Kinds of girls, cliques, materialism, warmth, getting lost in the crowd or they know and treasure every girl, number of off shabbosim, scholarships, academics, very yeshivishe or not.
And also for Ateres.
What differentiates them from each other?

amother
Bergamot

Post Mon, Nov 21 2022, 9:34 pm
Bump?

I’m interested to hear about Havineini. How many girls are in the seminary? What type of crowd? What is the learning like?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Fri, Dec 02 2022, 12:40 am
Any update on Bnos Shoshana and Havineini places? Types of girls, academics, warmth?

gottago

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 7:07 pm
I just spoke with the principal of havineini. Sounds like a really nice place.
They have 30 girls, hoping for up to 50 next year. They learn a lot of sefarim inside and make a lot of siyumim, but emphasize the hashkafa, too.

gottago

Post Sun, Dec 04 2022, 7:53 pm
They have 30 girls, hoping for up to 50 next year. They learn a lot of sefarim inside and make a lot of siyumim, but emphasize the hashkafa, too.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 11:24 am
gottago wrote:

Is it yeshivishe? Academic? In or out of town? Any way to contact them to ask a question?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 11:26 am
Moonstone and Aqua, how did your daughter's like Bnos Shoshana?

amother
Seablue

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 1:51 pm
My daughter is in bnos shoshana this year and is bh very happy.
There is a very warm atmosphere in the seminary. It seems that they have picked a homogenous group of solid frum girls and there is a strong feeling of achdus. It sounds lik there is a lot of oot girls and a nice bunch from the tristate but very few from brooklyn.
The principals and teachers are very involved with the girls and know each personally (this is my dds perception, but she is outgoing and participates a lot in class). The program is great with a lot of yemei iyuns and the regular trips and in shabassim.
Now, my dd doesnt find the classes to be on a high academic level, but they do have a lot of reports which keeps the girls very busy and up until late. The principal is very much into psychology and encourages the girls to become more self aware.Thats one aspect that my dd really loves, but I dont think her sister would have enjoyed that at all.
Hope that helps!

amother
DarkYellow

Post Wed, Dec 07 2022, 2:12 pm
Thanks, Seablue. About how many girls are there? Any contact info to ask them something? How yeshivishe is it? Can you go through Touro, do you know?
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Seminary Info