Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
ISO pareve spaghetti/tomato sauce recipe

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 12:08 pm
Hi,

Looking for a simple recipe for spaghetti with tomato sauce. Should be pareve.

Can anyone help?

Thank you!

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 12:25 pm
Boil spaghetti.
Open a jar of pasta sauce (Gefen/ Bowl and Basket/Barilla -your choice).

Drain pasta.
Pour on sauce.
Stir.
Serve

(Anonymous because it is my family secret recipe)

Goody2shoes

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:23 pm
I like to add a sautéed onion for an extra flavor to the cooked spaghettis and jar of marianna

amother
Honey

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 1:26 pm
amother [ Burntblack ] wrote:
Boil spaghetti.
Open a jar of pasta sauce (Gefen/ Bowl and Basket/Barilla -your choice).

Drain pasta.
Pour on sauce.
Stir.
Serve

(Anonymous because it is my family secret recipe)

We must be related. That's also my family recipe!

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 3:33 pm
https://tasty.co/recipe/creamy.....pasta

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 3:38 pm
If you actually want to make your own sauce marina sauces are all pareve because they are made without meat. It is a particular style of red sauce.

There are 1000's of recipes with slight variations but they are all very simple to make

Here is Ina Garten's version

1 tablespoon good olive oil
1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 onion)
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup good red wine, such as Chianti
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, or plum tomatoes in puree, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Heat the olive oil in a large (12-inch) skillet. Add the onion and saute over medium heat until translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the wine and cook on high heat, scraping up all the brown bits in the pan, until almost all the liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cover, and simmer on the lowest heat for 15 minutes.

Here is a version without wine

INGREDIENTS

1 28-ounce can whole San Marzano tomatoes, certified D.O.P. if possible
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
7 garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
Small dried whole chile, or pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large fresh basil sprig, or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, more to taste

PREPARATION
Pour tomatoes into a large bowl and crush with your hands. Pour 1 cup water into can and slosh it around to get tomato juices. Reserve.

In a large skillet (do not use a deep pot) over medium heat, heat the oil. When it is hot, add garlic.
As soon as garlic is sizzling (do not let it brown), add the tomatoes, then the reserved tomato water. Add whole chile or red pepper flakes, oregano (if using) and salt. Stir.

Place basil sprig, including stem, on the surface (like a flower). Let it wilt, then submerge in sauce. Simmer sauce until thickened and oil on surface is a deep orange, about 15 minutes. (If using oregano, taste sauce after 10 minutes of simmering, adding more salt and oregano as needed.) Discard basil and chile (if using).

amother
Burntblack

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 3:41 pm
Amarante wrote:
If you actually want to make your own sauce marina sauces are all pareve because they are made without meat. It is a particular style of red sauce.

There are 1000's of recipes with slight variations but they are all very simple to make

Here is Ina Garten's version

1 tablespoon good olive oil
1 cup chopped yellow onion (1 onion)
1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
1/2 cup good red wine, such as Chianti
1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, or plum tomatoes in puree, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Heat the olive oil in a large (12-inch) skillet. Add the onion and saute over medium heat until translucent, 5 to 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Add the wine and cook on high heat, scraping up all the brown bits in the pan, until almost all the liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cover, and simmer on the lowest heat for 15 minutes.

Here is a version without wine

INGREDIENTS

1 28-ounce can whole San Marzano tomatoes, certified D.O.P. if possible
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
7 garlic cloves, peeled and slivered
Small dried whole chile, or pinch crushed red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large fresh basil sprig, or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, more to taste

PREPARATION
Pour tomatoes into a large bowl and crush with your hands. Pour 1 cup water into can and slosh it around to get tomato juices. Reserve.

In a large skillet (do not use a deep pot) over medium heat, heat the oil. When it is hot, add garlic.
As soon as garlic is sizzling (do not let it brown), add the tomatoes, then the reserved tomato water. Add whole chile or red pepper flakes, oregano (if using) and salt. Stir.

Place basil sprig, including stem, on the surface (like a flower). Let it wilt, then submerge in sauce. Simmer sauce until thickened and oil on surface is a deep orange, about 15 minutes. (If using oregano, taste sauce after 10 minutes of simmering, adding more salt and oregano as needed.) Discard basil and chile (if using).

Yours sounds better than mine. What night can I come to you for dinner?
(And to think we just had a thread as to whether or not you can just invite yourself to someone for Shabbos lunch!)

Amarante

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 3:46 pm
amother [ Burntblack ] wrote:
Yours sounds better than mine. What night can I come to you for dinner?
(And to think we just had a thread as to whether or not you can just invite yourself to someone for Shabbos lunch!)

Nothing wrong with a good bottled jar. When I used to work long hours away from home my easy fix would be dumping a jar of sauce on sauted chicken breasts and opening a bag of salad.

amother
Red

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 4:14 pm
Are you looking for something to add to the sauce to make it into more of a meal? When I want to go pareve I saute an onion and/or a couple cloves of garlic, add chopped/sliced zucchini or Japanese eggplant (or whatever veg you like), some herbs, cook till tender, then add a can of (rinsed and drained) white beans and some marinara sauce. Serve over pasta. Used to make this a lot but now I have picky kids...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics