Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
How is the target nutramigen/ alimentum kosher

cookiewriter

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 6:40 pm
My baby has horrific spit up. My 4th spitter so I know from spitters. This is like soak your stretchie and my shoulder and the spit up cloth and the floor at every feed . So I wanted to try the nutramigen or alimentum but I didn’t feel like spit up was reason to give him treif. (I feel like a lot of ppl don’t realize they’re treif there’s literal pork stuff in there and u can’t wash it in ur kitchen sink )
Anyway target has a hypoallergenic formula it says u can compare it to nutramigen/ alimentum but it’s OU-d.
I’m afraid this can’t be true and I’m treifing up my sink?

amother
Impatiens

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 6:48 pm
Why don't you call the ou and ask them? They are the ones who would know best as they give the hechsher

amother
Latte

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 6:57 pm
There are other formulas that are hypoallergenic. Neocate is one of them and has a hecsher on the can.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 8:18 pm
Hey I was literally wondering the same thing. And guess what? It's not the same as nutramegan or alimentum. If your baby is really allergic they won't tolerate the target brand. Thats what my allergist said. The nonkosher component in the nutramegan and alimentum is a pig enzyme that breaks down the protein. If you look at target brand carefully it says comparable to nutrition in nutramegan and alimentum. But it doesn't use a pig enzyme. If your baby is sensitive to dairy, like mine is, it can still be ok. My babies tolerate target brand. Which by the way is the exact same as CVS, Walgreens, amazon. I did a lot of research into this. It's manufactured by perego.

hodeez

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 8:26 pm
I have like 8 cans of neocate to give away if you need.

mizle10

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 8:27 pm
Is your baby gaining nicely and have you asked a rav? My baby wasn’t gaining at all and I was told by me paediatrician and rav to give alimentum. It’s pig enzyme, not meat or fat which is the actual issur and it’s batul. I was told I can wash it in my regular sink with a separate designated sponge.

Neocate is kosher, parve, but as far as I understand it’s corn based while alimentum is protein based. I have no idea what the base of the target one is.

cookiewriter

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 8:56 pm
He’s gaining fine … that’s why this spit up is just a laundry problem
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics