Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
No money
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:08 pm
Rent was due the 1st.
I have no money to pay it

amother
Daffodil

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:09 pm
What’s the plan? You have money for food? Tuition?

LK1

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Rent was due the 1st.
I have no money to pay it

I'm so sorry you are in this situation.

Would you pm me a way to send you money?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:25 pm
amother [ Daffodil ] wrote:
What’s the plan? You have money for food? Tuition?

Food BH is covered by food stamps.

Tuition is a whole separate parsha, I have no way of paying up. It's way too high... But I owe so much and they were on my case and said I must make a payment. My kids do need a yeshiva for next year. So I gave my credit card. And the money from my account paid my credit card bill. So now I have NOTHING. and I mean nothing left. I can not pay rent. I did not spend the whole month. My kids are living in slippers. Not sure how going to buy school shoes, and uniforms , and al the school supplies, and and and....
But for right now I'm just crying. I have no cash at home. And rent is already past due.
(Not that anyone cares. Yeshiva is not happy., I gave them a drop in the bucket. I still owe thousands more. But this $1,500 payment that I made now is instead of my family having basics. Do they even realize when they just raised everyone now for next year??)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:27 pm
LK1 wrote:
I'm so sorry you are in this situation.

Would you pm me a way to send you money?

You are so sweet. Means a lot to me that an anonymous person actually cares.
But your talking about a lot of money. Not just $10 or $20. I wouldn't take so much from someone.
But your offer is so special

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 10:53 pm
OP, take whatever is being offered here. Everyones little but will help you pay the rent, and more.

Don't think about it as taking tzedakah. See it as Hashem sending you money in different ways, through HIS good shluchim. Hashem gave you a family bh, You're doing it for your family.
No need to be embarrassed to take, especially in today's economy.
Accepting monetary help is a big madreiga, because it doesn't feel nice to take, yet giving people the opportunity to give and have the wonderful feeling, is a tremendous chesed too.

Signed by another mother who has no income and struggling to pay the basics.
Let's daven for each other, while accepting help until we get back on our own feet. May we be zoche to be on the giving end very soon!

miriam6

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:19 pm
I feel your pain.

As others voiced what's the plan for the future.

My husband and myself work very hard to stay afloat bh

amother
Bellflower

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:27 pm
Call the school and find out if they have a uniform gemach. Many schools have where parents can donate used in good condition uniforms for kids whose parents can't afford to buy new.

amother
Calendula

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:32 pm
Where do you live? What sizes do you need? We can help

amother
Oak

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:46 pm
Same . I don’t understand the point of life

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:50 pm
amother [ Calendula ] wrote:
Where do you live? What sizes do you need? We can help

I live in boro park.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:51 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
Same . I don’t understand the point of life

I know. It's really really hard.
It's on my mind all day.
Everything revolves around money

LK1

Post Wed, Aug 03 2022, 11:59 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
You are so sweet. Means a lot to me that an anonymous person actually cares.
But your talking about a lot of money. Not just $10 or $20. I wouldn't take so much from someone.
But your offer is so special

I understand it's not 10 or 20, bh I would be able to give a little more.

Totally understand if your not comfortable, but feel free to pm me.

amother
Crocus

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 12:01 am
Is it so crazy that I’m making a $100K a year and I’m nervous to have a third kid because everything is just so expensive? My husband doesn’t have a steady income and it’s just not enough money…

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 1:00 am
I feel you. Things were always tight for us but now my husband lost his job this week. I told him we should set up a go fund me. I honestly have no other ideas if I don’t want to lose my home.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 2:05 am
Not only that but I feel like I work so hard to bring home a steadi income and the we slowly watch it drain away on the basics. I'm not talking about buying anything extra ever! I just pointed out to dh how lucky we are that the landlord only puts a late fee after 30 days or we would be living in a cardboard box by now.

amother
Brass

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 2:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Food BH is covered by food stamps.

Tuition is a whole separate parsha, I have no way of paying up. It's way too high... But I owe so much and they were on my case and said I must make a payment. My kids do need a yeshiva for next year. So I gave my credit card. And the money from my account paid my credit card bill. So now I have NOTHING. and I mean nothing left. I can not pay rent. I did not spend the whole month. My kids are living in slippers. Not sure how going to buy school shoes, and uniforms , and al the school supplies, and and and....
But for right now I'm just crying. I have no cash at home. And rent is already past due.
(Not that anyone cares. Yeshiva is not happy., I gave them a drop in the bucket. I still owe thousands more. But this $1,500 payment that I made now is instead of my family having basics. Do they even realize when they just raised everyone now for next year??)

First of all - HUGS!

Short term:
-Please accept whatever help people offer. The small amounts will help and imh one day you will be in he position to help others, and will know how to do so with sensitivity.

-Is there anyone you can reach out to IRL for help making rent?
Parents, grandparents, the rav of your shul, a wealthy acquaintance... There is no shame and while it is incredibly difficult there are many people who will be able to help.

- For your kids uniforms + school needs: There must be gmachim in your area. I have found beautiful things new/almost new things in serendipity in lkwd - there must be a Brooklyn equivalent. Your school may have a uniform gmach, and if they don't the local gmachim may have some uniforms. If you feel comfortable posting the school and sizes you need, maybe some ima's have some uniforms laying around and we can arrange a way to get to you

Long term idea:
-You mentioned food stamps, maybe there is someone here who can help you get HUD/Section 8 - I know that it incredibly difficult to get it in BP, but I have heard of askanim who can help with this....

-I am sure you are looking for a way to make more money : is there a side talent that you can use to bring in more income? Can you ask for a raise at work?

- Mesila can be a resource to help people figure out there finances: It costs money but really helped us. Try reaching out - I know the have subsibies for people in tough situations...

amother
Banana

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 5:13 am
OP, if you can accept the offers above, from experience in this situation, it can be a literal lifesaver. I once had to do it and only way anon was through this site. The amounts added up and it was a huge help to keep roof over head when lots of things came on all at once and we were crumbling under it. Our situation is still similar as to was then and its definitely very difficult, difference is that we were able to keep roof over head thanks to help here at the time.
I also totally understand you on school prep. School starts in less than a month and I dont know where the $ will come from for backpacks, clothing, tuition and even some basic costs before that. Before tuition was in the picture, $ was tight every month. With tuition added in, Hashem surely will have to find us a way to figure it out.

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 6:48 am
A word of caution about Mesila, they will charge $400, and when I told them I could not pay that, they said that the fee is meant to emphasize that this process will require time, effort, and commitment. At the time I was stretched to my limit physically and emotionally with several young children, some children's challenges, work, etc, and therefore I did not think I had any time, effort, or commitment to spare, so I declined.

Cloud9

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 7:44 am
OP, how much is your rent?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics