Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Anxiety-induced nausea... what is there to do?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 6:36 pm
My dd10 has for a few years now been getting these nighttime anxiety attacks from time to time. Usually happens when something's off about bedtime, like either my husband or I am not home, or she goes to bed much later than usual, or something major is happening the next day, or a friend is sleeping over. She gets super super nauseous and twice has even thrown up. I asked her pediatrician about anxiety meds and she said they're not safe for kids and recommended therapy. But I really don't see therapy helping with something so physical? It's not like she's having lots of worries or intrusive thoughts, she's just feeling very very nauseous in her body.

Wondering if anyone else has dealt with this or has an idea of what kind of professional to turn to? Last night was a rough night 😟

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 6:57 pm
My 6 year old DS is the same. His anxiety causes him severe nausea and he vomits many times. Sadly, it doesnt take much for his anxiety to kick in. We've gone to his pediatrician about this so often, I've lost track.

What can ease it off slightly, is when we do the box breathing method together (google it for details) I'm also sitting with him and doing a lot of hand holding, validating his concerns, reassuring him that he's safe and that he is OK, over and over again. This can take a long time but eventually he will calm down and tell me his stomach doesn't feel funny anymore (his words!) Wishing you lots of good luck, I really hope they outgrow it soon.

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 6:58 pm
Craniosacral therapy
Homeoapthy
Magnesium footsoaks
B vitamins but not close to bedtime
Lemon balm
Gaba
L theanine

Treat chronic strep, parasites, yeast. If she had tongue ties, address that. Look into healing the vagus nerve. Nausea is also a vestibular symptom so maybe focus on that.

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 6:58 pm
The mind and body and very connected. Going to therapy can definitely help with the physical symptoms, I would try that first.

amother
Fern

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 7:24 pm
Somatic symptoms of anxiety such as vomiting, stomach distress, headaches etc. can definitely be helped by therapy because there is nothing physically wrong. It's just the expression of anxiety.

amother
Blushpink

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:32 pm
amother [ Cinnamon ] wrote:
Craniosacral therapy
Homeoapthy
Magnesium footsoaks
B vitamins but not close to bedtime
Lemon balm
Gaba
L theanine

Treat chronic strep, parasites, yeast. If she had tongue ties, address that. Look into healing the vagus nerve. Nausea is also a vestibular symptom so maybe focus on that.

Same with my DD age 9
What kind of homeopathic remedy?
can you please link to liquid gaba and l-thanine?
How do I explore the parasites/yeast?

TY!!!

amother
Cinnamon

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:39 pm
amother [ Blushpink ] wrote:
Same with my DD age 9
What kind of homeopathic remedy?
can you please link to liquid gaba and l-thanine?
How do I explore the parasites/yeast?

TY!!!

Homeopathic remedy needs to be matched to your child based on their overall presentation by a qualified homeopath.

Parasites and yeast can be hard to test for, if you suspect you can just treat and see if it helps. For yeast we use caprylic acid and oil of oregano. For parasites you can use ndf happy from bioray or Paraguard from zahlers.

I don’t know about liquid Gaba and l theanine, but you can open a capsule into applesauce and give it that way if they don’t swallow. However, at 9 they can easily learn to swallow pills.

Lemon balm comes in tincture form.

Totally forgot about cbd. Charlottes web gummies are awesome.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:16 pm
Would they be willing to prescribe small doses of zofran as needed. Seabands also reduce nausea from any cause.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics