Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
2 month old sleeping too much?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 7:28 pm
If my 2 month old is gaining nicely, awake during the day (obviously takes a couple naps) but sleeps extremely well at night, bli ayin hara, is there any reason to be concerned? I’m talking about 9 hours and then will wake up, eat just 2 oz and go back to sleep for 2-3 hours till baby eats again. So basically in about 11-12 hours, baby is only eating 2 oz. But baby eats 4 oz every 3 hours during the day and dr was very happy with weight gain. I didn’t even think to ask dr about it, but now I’m wondering if it’s not normal. Everything else is perfect, baby is nice and alert, holds heads up nicely, smiles, etc

ETA: I’m not worried baby’s sleeping too much. I’m just worried not eating for all that time. My other babies weren’t nearly as good lol. I’m thinking maybe it’s not so normal. Or maybe I should just count my blessings!

dena613

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 7:45 pm
If baby is gaining fine and developing fine, I'd say, WOW! Thank you, Hashem!!!

BrisketBoss

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 7:53 pm
No reason to be concerned. Every baby is unique. Sounds like all is well.

amother
PlumPink

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:15 pm
I agree. After three kids who didn't sleep and one kid who slept like a regular baby, I finally got one that slept a lot. As long as they're gaining, it's okay.

Turns out she's now a toddler and sleeps a ton. Wakes up late in the morning (B"H!!) and takes a crazy long nap during the day. I'm just enjoying it. After the way some of my others slept, and the hour they woke up in the morning, I've decided Hashem is rewarding me Smile

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 8:20 pm
Ok great tysm!

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 12:31 am
Totally fine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics