Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
How do you put away pants and skirts?

zigi

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 10:25 pm
when my kids were babies I used to fold everything in their drawers in outfits.
with ds I fold his pants and shirts and put everything vertically I can put more in and see everything. but now his pants are longer and take up more space if I stand them up the drawer doesn't close. thanks for the tips! Very Happy

yo'ma

Post Wed, May 21 2008, 11:02 pm
fold it into 3.

gryp

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 9:29 am
Time to buy another dresser. Wink
I know, you probably don't have room for another one, like me. Exploding anger

shopaholic

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 9:55 am
I fold them & put them in the drawers. DS has a drawer only for pants (& shorts when the weather finally gets warm enough). DD's skirts, I fold most & put them in her drawer. She has big drawers but very little hanging space.

MiracleMama

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 10:58 am
I do almost everything on hangers, but I have more closet/ hanging space then drawers, so...

If you have limited closet space you could always hang on those space-saving hangers where the clothes kind of "waterfall".

shopaholic

Post Thu, May 22 2008, 11:17 am
I do that for my skirts, but my kids closet has 2 rails, so those hangers are too long
When I move everyone around to different bedrooms, we'll have more closet space.

zigi

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 7:42 am
thanks for the ideas!
yo'ma do you fold the pants like a c or a w?

gr I just bought a new one the kids totally broke the other one. the room is way too crowded with 2 in the room, I didn't take the old one down yet.

shopaholic do you fold you kids pants when they are older?
m..mama thats a good idea I have pretty big closets I really should either get a second rod of those put a lot of skirts on one hanger thing!

yo'ma

Post Fri, May 23 2008, 8:21 am
Quote:
yo'ma do you fold the pants like a c or a w?

huh, what's a c and w with folding?
I (my cleaning lady LOL ) folds them from hip to hip, on the crease or where a crease belongs and instead of in 1/2, do it in 3.
I have shelves for the pants and skirts for my kids. Their dresser has draws and a choice for a bar to hang stuff or shelves and I chose shelves. I hang my skirts up and my dh pants also are on shelves that are in the closet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics