Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Upstate

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 10:56 pm
I will be traveling upstate and looking for something to do on the way up. I am coming from New Jersey. Would drive a little out of the way. Looking for something exciting like amusement park.

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:05 pm
Legoland is in Goshen NY about an hour from the Catskills.

There is The Castle in Chester NY but it's more of a mini golf/go karting situation

seeker

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:09 pm
The Castle. I think it's in Goshen or near there. Literally on the way on NY17. Has some rides, bumper cars, climbing wall, arcades, I think mini golf? a soft play, maybe laser tag, I don't know what else but just generally a lot of amusements.

Alternatively there are supposed to be lot of things to do in the Palisades mall but those would all be separate attractions. But they have different things than the Castle, like a ropes course and I don't remember, maybe bowling? VR?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 04 2022, 11:13 pm
Thank you! Any other suggestions?

amother
Blush

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 12:14 am
Where in NJ are you coming from? You can stop at American Dream Mall.
The only amusement park option on the way is either American Dream or Legoland.

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 2:20 am
seeker wrote:
The Castle. I think it's in Goshen or near there. Literally on the way on NY17. Has some rides, bumper cars, climbing wall, arcades, I think mini golf? a soft play, maybe laser tag, I don't know what else but just generally a lot of amusements.

Alternatively there are supposed to be lot of things to do in the Palisades mall but those would all be separate attractions. But they have different things than the Castle, like a ropes course and I don't remember, maybe bowling? VR?

Palisades Mall actually has a ton of attractions. They have an indoor ropes course, VR, ice skating rink, ferris wheel, carousel, full on arcade and bowling, build-a-bear, and probably lots more that I am not currently remembering.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 2:53 am
Where exactly are you headed?

Catskills, Adirondacks? Finger Lakes?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 11:46 am
Heading to the Catskills. Any other outdoor recommendations for 12-14 year olds?

amother
Blue

Post Fri, Aug 05 2022, 11:50 am
Are they interested in boating? There are some boating ponds in and near the catskills

BA

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 1:01 am
thanks. I'm not op but looking as well. any zoos?

amother
Charcoal

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:08 am
There's a small zoo called Bailiwick. We enjoyed, but it's probably better for younger ages. Not aware of anything closer to the Jewish Catskills.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics