Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Please and thank you

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 9:42 am
When close relatives text you and ask you to look something up online or ask you to ask your coworker something, do they write "please" before the request?

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:31 am
Not necessarily

amother
Cognac

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:35 am
Can't say that I've received those exact requests, but yes, asking for a favor involves "please" or the equivalent.

amother
NeonPink

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:38 am
I do check things up for ppl all the time. I say if I'm doing an avera of having a smartphone let me at least do a chesed with it.
From chesed you usually never lose you gain

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:49 am
I get asked all the time. No problem. This one person barks out orders to me all the time and it gets under my skin. A simple please would solve it.

amother
Bluebell

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I get asked all the time. No problem. This one person barks out orders to me all the time and it gets under my skin. A simple please would solve it.

Hah! I always respond back by repeating the question with please and thanks. For example:
I get this text: look up a flight number
I respond back:
Hi so and so. How are you? I'm doing b"H great! Thanks for asking! So you want me to please look up this flight # for you? Sure!

A min later I get back a yes please or if they just say yes, I look up the # and reply back with a ur welcome.
If it gets under my skin I will ignore till they ask again nicely. Or I just don't. Depending on my mood.

amother
Caramel

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:41 pm
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:
Hah! I always respond back by repeating the question with please and thanks. For example:
I get this text: look up a flight number
I respond back:
Hi so and so. How are you? I'm doing b"H great! Thanks for asking! So you want me to please look up this flight # for you? Sure!

A min later I get back a yes please or if they just say yes, I look up the # and reply back with a ur welcome.
If it gets under my skin I will ignore till they ask again nicely. Or I just don't. Depending on my mood.

Your post made me smile. This is literally what we do to teach out young kids manners, don't we?
It's never to late to learn.

watergirl

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Ignore the text.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 3:56 pm
I’d probably text back a sure, that will be $10 Smile

rachelli66

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:02 pm
Usually they will write Can you, or If you have time. That's ok with me. If I can't or do not have time, I won't do it. nobody is forcing me.

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:04 pm
How old is this person and what are they like irl? My mother messages me like that and it makes me crazy. I find that ppl have a style of texting and don’t always realize how it sounds…

amother
Snow

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Respond with, “here it is. YOU’RE WELCOME.”

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 4:32 pm
When somebody asks me something in a rude way I'll respond with "would you like a fries to go with that?" Works every time
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette