Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Nursing

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 9:52 am
I am nursing a 9 mother old and taking care of my other small kids. at what point do I break it ? my husband said I should if I'm nor feeling well

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 9:56 am
I already feel drained having nursed 3x but she technically takes food so feeling guilty.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 9:57 am
Nothing to do with them also eating other food. Break it, if you need.

Last edited by Thisisnotmyreal on Sun, Aug 07 2022, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Oleander

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 9:58 am
I am nursing a 6 month old, she stills relies on me and nurses every few hours around the clock
I plan to break my fast at chatzos if I can hold off till then
Its a big deal to be nursing. Plus its a nidche

amother
Navyblue

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 9:58 am
I broke it last night when I was super thirsty

amother
Cyclamen

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 9:59 am
I'm nursing my 17mo, a few times a day but sometimes also in short bursts of 'drive by nursing' as he toddles around. We asked a rabbi and he said I should fast at night but I can break my fast in the morning. I'm very glad for that now because my nursling woke up uncharacteristically early. I got out of bed several hours before I usually do, and on Tisha B'av of all days. (He did go back to sleep but I'm up with the other kid.)

amother
Poppy

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 10:30 am
It depends on how important the fast is to you & how ok you fast. I fasted many a tishu b'av while nursing ( including today)as did my mom & grandma.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:34 am
I’m nursing my 18 month old who eats A LOT of food besides nursing, and I was told not to fast at all.

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:40 am
amother [ Cyclamen ] wrote:
I'm nursing my 17mo, a few times a day but sometimes also in short bursts of 'drive by nursing' as he toddles around. We asked a rabbi and he said I should fast at night but I can break my fast in the morning. I'm very glad for that now because my nursling woke up uncharacteristically early. I got out of bed several hours before I usually do, and on Tisha B'av of all days. (He did go back to sleep but I'm up with the other kid.)

Similar situation here, my 18 month old usually nurses in the morning, evening, and once during the day, and this morning she woke up early, nursed two very long feedings before 8am, and keeps stopping by for more.

I’m glad I’m not fasting!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note