Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Tisha B’Av giving kids a bath before bedtime
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:20 am
Are u allowed to give kids a bath tonight before bedtime?

After such a hot few days and not being able to shower then since Fri feel like it’s gross to put them to sleep without one.

amother
Black

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:21 am
From what I understand you can’t. I wash hands and faces and use baby wipes in private places and folds.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:22 am
I am not a posek but I would ask a rav. Today is a nidcha. So after dark tonight is actually 11 b'av.

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:25 am
MO. We don’t. We I’ll bathe them in the morning before camp

amother
Yolk

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:38 am
No way I wouldn’t
Kids had baths Friday and will have Monday morning
They’ll survive

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:42 am
We're bathing them after chatzos they were bathed on erev shabbos and get diaper rash infection if not bathed enough

amother
Celeste

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:54 am
I gave my toddler a bath during the day. Children are not obligated in the stringencies of the day.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 12:01 pm
Again -- Ask. Your. Rav.

amother
Oxfordblue

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 12:10 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Again -- Ask. Your. Rav.

This. I was told totally fine.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:43 pm
I can't see it being ok. A bath ON Tisha have????? Doesn't sound like the right thing

amother
Candycane

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:45 pm
I was told no.

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:45 pm
amother [ Celeste ] wrote:
I gave my toddler a bath during the day. Children are not obligated in the stringencies of the day.

No but I don’t brush their teeth either today.

amother
Chicory

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:47 pm
amother [ Pistachio ] wrote:
No but I don’t brush their teeth either today.

Why ever not...

amother
Cherry

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:48 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
I can't see it being ok. A bath ON Tisha have????? Doesn't sound like the right thing

But it’s not actually tisha b’av, that’s the thing. The rabbi of my husband’s yeshiva put out a list of rules. Among other things, it said that baths should wait until Monday morning, but if you NEED to bath a child, you should use water slightly cooler than usual, and you should use gloves. For me, in my mind, that means that a child old enough to bath or shower themself should not do so. It ASLO says that showers and baths are allowed immediately after the fast. Again, in my mind, this means that a child who is awake after the fast may take a shower or bath.

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:50 pm
amother [ Chicory ] wrote:
Why ever not...

Same reason they wear crocs and not leather shoes. It’s a small way they can feel the day is different.

amother
Jasmine

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 2:06 pm
amother [ Oak ] wrote:

But it's not Tisha b'Av. It's a pushed off fast which means there are more leniencies.

You have to ask your own rov but I was always told to use common sense. If I wanted to bathe the kids just because it was the routine, to relax them for bed, to make them feel extra clean, etc., then no. But a kids who would be prone to rashes or skin problems and needed it, no problem at all.

miami85

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 2:08 pm
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:
But it's not Tisha b'Av. It's a pushed off fast which means there are more leniencies.

You have to ask your own rov but I was always told to use common sense. If I wanted to bathe the kids just because it was the routine, to relax them for bed, to make them feel extra clean, etc., then no. But a kids who would be prone to rashes or skin problems and needed it, no problem at all.

More leniencies, yes, but it's still the observance of the day

They will survive. Like this poster said, if it's just a matter of convenience no, but for medical reasons then that's what the heterim are for.

mommyisbest

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 3:51 pm
My rov said yes, as long as I wear gloves. There's no chinuch on them (very young baby) but I cant wash my hands.

amother
Pistachio

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 3:54 pm
amother [ Jasmine ] wrote:

My kids are not prone to rashes. And because of the heat no one played outside yesterday (obv not today either) If gd forbid there were a diaper explosion or a vomiting situation we’d bathe. Other than that our kids can bathe in the morning

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 3:55 pm
We asked & we're told that we can bathe our toddler today. Some of my toddlers have even gotten a bath on tishs ba'av proper.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note