Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Supper menu for tonight
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Etty6

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:14 pm
To break the fast?

rachelli66

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:19 pm
Fried eggs, vegie salad, Techina, Eggplant salad. Sometimes I would prepare a orange /carrot soup. Sometimes tuna salad.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:20 pm
Scrambled eggs, store bought pastries

amother
Firebrick

Crusty rolls with lox and cream cheese
Soup
Oatmeal bars

amother
Slateblue

Onion soup, scrambled eggs, bread, melon

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:21 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Scrambled eggs, store bought pastries

I don't need to feel bad about doing this? Am pregnant,didn't touch the stove for 10 weeks an I'm feeling so guilty that I thought I'll make it up to dh today but it's not happening. So can I just do that?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:23 pm
French omelets
Warm bagel twists
Tomato salad
(Fish over vegetables for those that want)
Coffee / decaf / OJ
Marble cake

ra_mom

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:24 pm
amother [ DarkCyan ] wrote:
I don't need to feel bad about doing this? Am pregnant,didn't touch the stove for 10 weeks an I'm feeling so guilty that I thought I'll make it up to dh today but it's not happening. So can I just do that?

Yes. Just add baguettes/bagels and a salad of bagged lettuce, whole grape tomatoes, and store bought dressing.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:25 pm

I opened up this thread for inspiration and scrambled eggs and toast sounds great to me. Dh isn't picky, he'll be fine and it will be easy for me. I will also serve watermelon that I got for shaloshudos.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:33 pm

What? People feel guilty about what they serve post fast? When will it stop? Serve anything you want! Why on earth would you feel guilty ?

Proudly serving my post any fast tradition of bagels, cream cheese and store bought pastries.

Rabbit613

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:34 pm
Lasagna and vegetable soup. A non faster made it for us.

amother
DarkCyan

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:37 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
What? People feel guilty about what they serve post fast? When will it stop? Serve anything you want! Why on earth would you feel guilty ?

Proudly serving my post any fast tradition of bagels, cream cheese and store bought pastries.
well he's fasting and I'm not so I thought I would be nice of me to prepare something good that he likes. He has a very hearty appetit after a fast. But I guess I'm going to do what I can.

jflower

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:38 pm
Another vote for scrambled eggs and rolls. Pregnant amother - honey, there's nothing to feel bad about. Just join us and have a soothing post-fast meal of eggs & carbs. Delicious.

Etty6

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:39 pm
Interesting, you'r all going in the direction of eggs bagels and spreads. I grew up with soup, tilapia mashed potatoes and stir fry veg

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:40 pm
I’m not pregnant and fasting well enough to cook but just don’t feel like pressuring myself to make stuff. I don’t feel bad at all! Hubby is totally cool with making eggs and after a pastry and a coffee we’re already full.

amother
Daphne

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:43 pm
Etty6 wrote:
Interesting, you'r all going in the direction of eggs bagels and spreads. I grew up with soup, tilapia mashed potatoes and stir fry veg

I grew up with this too but dh hates fish and soup and asked for an omelette after I cooked. At first I felt guilty, but I stopped cooking heavy and have never looked back. I really can't manage to cook on a fast and omelette is delicious.

Elfrida

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:44 pm
Just finished a meal of scrambled eggs with vegetables, warm bread rolls, butter, and chocolate milk, and now I'm taking a pause to digest.

There is watermelon for whomever wants it, and if people want more to eat in an hour or so, I'll get out the lasagne that we didn't finish on Shabbos. I purposely made it large so there would be plenty left for after the fast.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:47 pm
Etty6 wrote:

I’ve literally never heard of eating hot food after a fast. I’d never want to spend time cooking or warming food on the fast day. And when it’s over I just want to eat not blow on hot soup.

BrisketBoss

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:49 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
I’ve literally never heard of eating hot food after a fast. I’d never want to spend time cooking or warming food on the fast day. And when it’s over I just want to eat not blow on hot soup.

There's a 'tradition' in some circles to make cinnamon buns on Tisha B'av because it takes a long time, keeps you busy patchkeing, is delicious after the fast. Some people can't stomach the idea of working with food on a fast day and some people love it.

#Happymom

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 1:49 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
Crusty rolls with lox and cream cheese
Soup
Oatmeal bars

Recipe please for oatmeal bars? Think dh would love that
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note