Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Price of Snack Bags

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 9:55 pm
The price of snack bags has increased like crazy! My supermarket is now charging seventy five cents for the small bags of chips! Is there any way to buy cases of snacks wholesale? I live in Brooklyn if that makes a difference. The snacks I used to buy from Amazon, target and Walmart have also gone up a lot. I'm wondering if there is a cheaper option for the upcoming school year. We do bake for some of the snacks but my kids like the bags too. I know it's cheaper to divide a big bag into sandwich bags but I find it often gets crushed in their backpack and ends up a waste.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 9:57 pm
I buy them by the case on sale in KRM/kollel store

amother
OP

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 10:00 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
I buy them by the case on sale in KRM/kollel store

So do I but they aren't on sale often. I'm wondering if there is a place I can buy I few cases wholesale from.

Amarante

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 10:42 pm
Would your children bring home the cheap plastic containers.

You can get what are called deli containers from amazon very inexpensively and you could fill them with snacks and they wouldn't get crushed.

They are even cheaper than the cheap plastic containers like Glad as they are the kind of plastic containers that are used by delis for takeout type of items but obviously since they still cost money you wouldn't want them to be thrown out every day although losing an occasional one wouldn't be a big deal.

amother
Skyblue

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:11 pm
Costco

amother
Snowflake

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:27 pm
Even wholesale they’re not too much cheaper but no one will sell them to you wholesale

sweet

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 1:48 am
I try to only buy the snacks that are on sale that week.

Like liebers onion rings are 4 for $1, so I buy 25 of them, honey potato chips are 3 for 88 cents or 4/$1, or crispy goody corn chips.... but it all adds up, my kids each take 4 snacks, I try to give fruits , homemade muffins , granola bars , cereal bars too..

I find G.G. has the best sales.

amother
Sage

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 1:52 am
Op I get you
Snack bags have gone up a lot, along with everything else...
I told my kids we have to limit them, but I still won't deprive them completely..
Deli containers may be a good idea..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics