Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Blue stains from washing machine

sandwich

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 10:37 pm
Washing machine ruined my clothes.
Shirts came out with blue stains.what is this from and anyway to save the clothes?

Fast Forward

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 10:45 pm
Did you use liquid fabric softener? Sometimes it leaks out in my machine and leaves the clothes with blue streaks.

Einikel

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 10:46 pm
Uch so frustrating! I don’t have advice but I’ve had this in the past and use Free & Clear in white loads since then.

sarah14

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 10:55 pm
Bubbles stains maybe? Had that w my clothing . Thought it was the machine but since learnt that bubbles cause stains

glamourmom

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 10:57 pm
I use tide pods and it happens sometimes. I rewash without detergent. it's annoying.

sandwich

Post Sun, Aug 07 2022, 11:02 pm
I don't have little kids so it's not from bubbles
And it wasn't white shirt load it was light color clothing that had white on it and I don't use fabric softener

zaq

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 1:32 am
Could be that the detergent dispensed directly onto the clothing too long before the machine filled with water. Try diluting the detergent 1:4 with water before adding it to the machine, or if you have a top loader, adding detergent to the drum as the machine fills, agitating briefly, and only then adding the clothing.

It's also possible that you have copper water pipes, and the blue stains are deposits of copper salts.

Go to a website called "love to know" and search "blue laundry stains" for various methods to reduce and prevent such stains.

lkwdlady

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:08 am
I just had this. I had to re wash everything 2-3x and it came out. I used a little bleach in the bleach dispenser which did not ruin my clothing. Don’t throw away your things. Keep re washing. Also my washing machine has a soak cycle which I also used when re washing.

sandwich

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:51 am
some clothing are coming out with black stains do I need to call a repairman?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry