Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Eczema and sleeping through the night

Etty6

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:09 am
My toddler with eczema is waking up a couple of times every single night scratching and crying.
Its so painful... What can I do other then moisturize, use cotton onezees, and natural detergent?

amother
NeonPurple

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:13 am
Don’t kill me but hydrocortisone cream (the lowest dose) diluted in aquafor was the only thing that stopped it. I know it’s a bandaid but I needed to do so

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:14 am
Etty6 wrote:
My toddler with eczema is waking up a couple of times every single night scratching and crying.
Its so painful... What can I do other then moisturize, use cotton onezees, and natural detergent?

Use cotton tights, with the elastic at the top cut off, as a bolero so if he scratches it won't open the skin or cause more irritation. Look into the Dr Aron regimen for healing the eczema. And ask your doctor about giving benadryl at night. Sometimes you need a night or two of sleeping without scratching for the skin to get better. Sleep is important.

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:17 am
amother [ NeonPurple ] wrote:
Don’t kill me but hydrocortisone cream (the lowest dose) diluted in aquafor was the only thing that stopped it. I know it’s a bandaid but I needed to do so

This is similar to the Dr Aron regimen, though he also mixes in antibiotic cream to the mix so that the staph that causes the eczema to continue is killed. And he suggests vanicream moisturizer as the base if the skin can handle cream bases, if an ointment base is needed he recommends vanicream ointment. If I'm not mistaken Aquafor contains lanolin which can sometimes be bad too.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:32 am
Ask doctor about Zyrtec.
And steroids

amother
Sage

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:48 am
I give fenistil/benadryl before bed
Keep the room as cold as possible, with cotton lightweight pjs and bed coverings. Sweat is TERRIBLE for eczema.

I found that when they slept in my bed they slept a LOT better- if you're willing to try it it might make both your nights a little easier

Sad It's not easy

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:51 am
Same, same
My pediatrician recommended that on a particularly bad day we can give Benadryl before bed to help quiet the itching

amother
Cantaloupe

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 5:30 am
Ultimately you need to figure out what is causing the eczema.

My three year old for the first time in his life has a clear face and will sleep through the night once in a while.

We removed a few more items from his diet (already has food allergies) and are careful with cross contamination as well.

When I tell people he has allergies I list all the foods and say some of them are dangerous and some affect his quality of life. I don’t differentiate because I want everyone to be careful with all the items on his list. Because it’s just not fair to my poor boy that he is so uncomfortable all the time.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 5:43 am
I got a natural essential oil on amazon called "eczema" works for my son bh also equaphor every night
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics