Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Pizza shops in the catskills?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 12:29 pm
Where are pizza shops in the catskills? are their prices outrageous?

Thanks

essie14

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 1:46 pm
Fialkoff's!
https://www.fialkoffskosherpizza.com/

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 3:14 pm
Prices are not very different from city. Maybe a little higher. I call it the Vacation Tax. I find the difference in regular grocery prices more alarming.

Pretty much every town has a pizza store, where are you going to be visiting?

Liberty Pizza is delicious. A little out of the main town of Liberty, but close enough to rt 17 that it can be on your way anywhere.

Loch Sheldrake has a pizza store right across from the gas station, by the lake.

Woodbourne has two pizza stores, one on each side of the street, right in the middle of the main street.

South Fallsburg also right on the main street, next to a big ice cream store (which is expensive IMHO)

Woodridge has one in the shopping center by Buy Rite, and I think also one at the Four Corners where Woodridge meets South Fallsburg. Could be another one somewhere too.

Monticello has one in Mountain Mall (I believe. Haven't been there since last year but I'm assuming it's still there) and another one on rt 42 (closer to the shortline bus station) and another I'm not sure where.

There's one in Swan Lake too but I don't know that area as well.

I'm sure I've missed a few.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 4:01 pm
Thank you so much!

Are they all going to be crazy for supper time on visiting day? I know lunch time will be crazy, wondering if by suppertime will be better?? Willing to drive a bit further if that helps...

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 4:06 pm
The one near buy rite in Woodridge has delicious pizza.
Note: many of the pizza stores have no AC for some reason and it’s so annoying.

seeker

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 6:47 pm
Visiting day is always crazy plus it's Shabbos Nachamu next week, the mountains will be full. You're probably right that supper will be less crazy than lunch. Also for supper people are more likely to choose fleishig options. I would say just go to a big store, because big can handle crowds. I am not very familiar with all the stores but I do know that Liberty has the capacity to deal with a crowd. It's big and I have seen it PACKED with camp trips and still pumping out the pizza. I don't know about the size or capacity of the other stores.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 7:06 pm
Thanks for that info!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics