Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Converting to fall

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 2:08 pm
I have a wig that I want to convert to fall. Also the wig cap got too big. Is this one repair in which the cap gets fixed by default at the same time as converting to fall or is two separate repairs?

And how much does something like this typically cost?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 2:19 pm
Bump

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 2:38 pm
Hi

I have had 2 (old) wigs that I have changed into a fall but I didnt get the actual cap changed, I just got the front bits chopped off and sewn flat so I could wear with a band or hat.

So there is first a flat piece and then the hair.

I think the price to change the actual cap was quite expensive, because I have heard that the cap partis usually half the price of the wig. It is the main part.
I think the last time, I checked it was a couple of years ago, it was a good few hundred pounds -sorry I dont know how much that is in dollars but was totally not worth it for me.

I would rather buy a new fall.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 4:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a wig that I want to convert to fall. Also the wig cap got too big. Is this one repair in which the cap gets fixed by default at the same time as converting to fall or is two separate repairs?

I was quoted 100 by Ahuva Walkin in Far Rockaway.

amother
Tanzanite

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 6:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

They take in the wig cap (sometimes remove 2 wefts if taking in a lot) and sew it down. Then they cut and sew the front into a seam.

mom of 8

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 6:37 pm
My neighbor does for 170 I think. In Brooklyn

mom of 8

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 6:49 pm
She takes off the ear peices so it will lay right
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels