Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Circle book club

amother
OP

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:10 pm
How does it work? Are the books good? Is it worth it?
Money is tight but I love having good kosher stuff for my kids to read so I subscribed to the circle recently and they love it...

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:13 pm
same! our kids love it!

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Aug 08 2022, 10:18 pm
They only sent out 1 book so far. It was their serial story called strange new world or something like that.

We switched from the Jewish book box to that. The book box had a circle comic a few months back and it was my kids favorite book from that box so when circle announced they were starting their own membership I switched over.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 7:11 am
So if my kids enjoy the magazine they are likely to enjoy the book club? It's the same stuff? Or is it repetitive, same things they will read in the magazine? Or is it stuff that was printed a while ago(we are new subscribers)

amother
Buttercup

Post Sun, Dec 18 2022, 11:21 am
Anyone have any more info on this?

amother
Pistachio

Post Wed, Dec 21 2022, 10:16 am
It's material that was already printed in the magazine, so if you are a long-time subscriber, your kids will have already read the story or comic in serial form. If you're a new subscruber, though, it'll all be new for them!

wwmom

Post Thu, Jun 29 2023, 2:11 pm
Any update on this?
Anyone else get the books? Is it worth it? Debating abt signing up.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 10:15 am
We didn't love the selections so we stopped subscribing. For example, we got an educational book about teaching social skills, and my kids would prefer comics or novels. Btw, I think they usually advertise which book is coming next.

We also subscribed at one point to the Jewish Book Box but we stopped that too. I wasn't crazy over the selections. We got some old releases, for example, or sometimes I felt the books were too low of a level, or my kids were just disappointed with what they got. My kids prefer to go to a bookstore and choose books on their own.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 10:40 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
We didn't love the selections so we stopped subscribing. For example, we got an educational book about teaching social skills, and my kids would prefer comics or novels. Btw, I think they usually advertise which book is coming next.

We also subscribed at one point to the Jewish Book Box but we stopped that too. I wasn't crazy over the selections. We got some old releases, for example, or sometimes I felt the books were too low of a level, or my kids were just disappointed with what they got. My kids prefer to go to a bookstore and choose books on their own.
We also cancelled after the social skills book. I think we're done with book subscriptions for now as well.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 10:44 am
Agree
It’s a nice idea but we found our money is better spent when the kids pick out their own books

mommyhood

Post Fri, Jun 30 2023, 11:14 am
I have a range of ages and genders and they love the book club. We started Chanukah so maybe the social skills book was before that? We’ve liked all the books they’ve sent. Not every kid likes every book but I find that becaue it’s coming from the circle it’s more exciting and they’ll read something they wouldn’t normally pick up. So far we’ve gotten a few comics, a look and find book that my kids likes going back to and maybe 2 novels. Really a nice variety. We’ve been getting the magazine for years so yes they have read the stories in the books but since they’re serials they like reading it again as a book.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room