Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Need financial help!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Slategray

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just emailed them. Online there's so much advertised. Wonder if you have personal experience with them?

Yes, unfortunately I did - and they gave me my life back in was in a really bad situation 😞 settled 20000 into a few payments... all depends on the bank and they work with you highly recommend

amother
OP

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 9:53 pm
amother [ Slategray ] wrote:
Yes, unfortunately I did - and they gave me my life back in was in a really bad situation 😞 settled 20000 into a few payments... all depends on the bank and they work with you highly recommend

I'm sorry that you were in that situation! Happy to hear that they were so helpful. I'm looking forward to talk to them!

Thanks everyone! I did reach out to HRA last night and filled out emergency application for rent. Hope to get back to you all with positive results from all your ideas! It means so much to me that you all took the time to help me!

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Aug 26 2022, 9:53 am
Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing... davening for you may this Rosh Chodesh Elul being much success and bracha and see major yeshuos

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 02 2022, 4:22 pm
amother Slategray wrote:
Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing... davening for you may this Rosh Chodesh Elul being much success and bracha and see major yeshuos

Thanks for checking in. That's so sweet of you and it really warmed my heart! You were actually a great help as were others and I was going to post a follow up. So here it is for now...

1) I contacted Rabbi Goldwasser twice, with no success. I'll still try to reach him again. I actually always wished I can hook up with a Rav so I have someone guiding me with all my questions. I'm currently looking into it. It isn't easy to know who's the right Rav, but hopefully I find one soon...

2) I went into contract with "Angel's of Debt" to help me lower my credit card debt. Although it wouldn't have been my ideal choice, it gave me peace of mind and help for now. Hopefully, I can then rebuild my credit and start again...

3) I emailed Kesher Nafshi and I'm waiting for their response to see what resources they have.

4) I contacted Avi Fishoff from twisted parenting. He gave me some contacts that give free or low cost guidance for parents of struggling teens.

5)Someone mentioned getting rent helpful from Jccrp. They forwarded me to a JCC in my area but didn't get through to anyone.

6) I filed with HRA for emergency back rent. I should be getting an answer the following week. Hopefully they can give me a one shot deal of several thousand dollars towards rent.

7) I contacted some random chesed organizations from chesed spot online but didn't hear back from them.

Someone gave me coupons towards kids shoes which also made a big difference. And borrowed some money too...

I'm also looking into different job offers, although I didn't want to do that. Trying to see if I can get a better pay than my current position.

Thank you all for your help. Hope to be out of this situation very soon!

amother
Starflower

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 3:12 pm
[quote="[url=https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6453868#6453868]
I'm also looking into different job offers, although I didn't want to do that. Trying to see if I can get a better pay than my current position. [/quote]

If you really love your job you can try to use any better offers to renegotiate your salary.

If you say sometjhing like " I really love working here and don't want to leave, but I am a single mom with debt, and I was given ----- offer. Can you match it ore come close so I can stay?

I know people who have done this successfully

amother
OP

Post Sat, Sep 03 2022, 10:13 pm
amother Starflower wrote:
If you really love your job you can try to use any better offers to renegotiate your salary.

If you say sometjhing like " I really love working here and don't want to leave, but I am a single mom with debt, and I was given ----- offer. Can you match it ore come close so I can stay?

I know people who have done this successfully

I actually did ask for raise recently, but they can't afford to raise much more. There isn't room for growth or more income in that place. Didn't want to have to start all over again, but sometimes you have to take a leap of faith and take risks. Thanks for the input, really appreciate it!
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics