Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Seagate beach
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 12:32 pm
Is there any way to get into seagate beach if I don't live there ? I was told there is a quite nice beach which is relaxing but that there is a guard that doesn't allow anyone who doesn't live there enter.

liveandlove.ima

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 12:59 pm
I believe you could if you go along as guest like a friend or family of someone local.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:00 pm
No. It's a gated area. Unless you know someone that lives there you can't get in.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:10 pm
Could we make believe we know someone there ?

(We have friends that used to live there but not anymore)

Ztheone

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:12 pm
If you say that you are visiting someone living in Sea Gate, they allow you in and you need to pay $10. You'll need to have the name of someone living there and their address.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:13 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Why do you think you should have access to a private gated area? Would you walk into someone's backyard and use their pool because you used to know the person who lived there?

amother
Poinsettia

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Wow soooo entitled.

Ztheone

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You need to know someone that currently lives there because you will need to say their address.
Maybe try calling someone from the Jewish phone book and ask them if you can "visit" them.
They are very gracious, probably won't mind

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:35 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Why do you think you should have access to a private gated area? Would you walk into someone's backyard and use their pool because you used to know the person who lived there?

If you told me everyone there pays a special fee to live in that gated are I understand. If you tell me everyone there pays extra taxes to use that beach I get that as well.. I didn't assume that and thought why would it be fair that they have the right to come to my block if they want grab the parking spots... create traffic .. and we can't use their beaches...

Anyways seeing the comments starting up on me I will leave this thread to those who like to attack and let them argue with each other as my intention was to ask a simple quetion , not start a fight.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:36 pm
amother [ Poinsettia ] wrote:
Wow soooo entitled.
Yeah Definately !! Thank You !! Very Happy

amother
Hunter

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you told me everyone there pays a special fee to live in that gated are I understand. If you tell me everyone there pays extra taxes to use that beach I get that as well.. I didn't assume that and thought why would it be fair that they have the right to come to my block if they want grab the parking spots... create traffic .. and we can't use their beaches...

Anyways seeing the comments starting up on me I will leave this thread to those who like to attack and let them argue with each other as my intention was to ask a simple quetion , not start a fight.

Whoa thanks for insinuating that Seagaters create traffic and grab parking spots. Sounds like you’re an extremely entitled person and don’t respect others. Good luck.

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

People pay a LOT to live in Seagate - they are paying the equivalent of additional annual taxes so yes there is a reason why you need to live there or actually be visiting someone.

And in gated communities, it is not enough to just give an address because the ones I am familiar with either have the guard call the homeowner to verify the person is expected OR the homeowner calls ahead if they aren't going to be home to authorize someone.

And do you really think that the guards are not wise to people attempting to claim they know someone.

Also if I lived in Seagate I would be furious if I found out that my neighbor was letting in random people who called them because they saw they lived in Seagate. That is the equivalent of people buzzing random people into a security building.

What gives some buyers pause is that homeowners must pay annual dues to the Sea Gate Association to cover security, street maintenance and park upkeep, which are 13 percent of assessed home value and comparable to one’s property tax bi
ll.

ETA Also your saying that people are parking on your block isn't an equivalent. If they were parking IN YOUR DRIVEWAY or in the private parking lot for your building that would be the appropriate comparison. Public streets are for the use of the public. FWIW many streets in communities that are near business zones have restricted permit parking so that to park on the street you either need a sticker OR you get a temporary thing to hang on your car's mirror. And those are actually public streets and not in gated communities. A gated community actually owns the land.

And beaches are typically owned by private people and the private people are responsible for maintaining them. The public is allowed to access the water up to the high tide line.

One of the reasons private places don't want the public is that they don't have facilities for the public. There are generally no bathrooms because people would go to their homes.

Last edited by Amarante on Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

amother
Midnight

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:40 pm
Gated communities and the like do pay monthly assessments and such.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:44 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

They do pay a fee. You think the guard works for free?

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 1:47 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

No because that would be assur.

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 2:04 pm
My parents live in seagate and I rarely go to the beach.. Now youre making me feel like its a perk I should take advantage of. Heading that way now..

Maybe if you were less obnoxious, I'd ask you if you want to join me.

amother
Electricblue

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 2:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Who said they don't pay extra fees?

amother
Leaf

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 2:14 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Make new friends from Seagate first. or start a new thread: I really wish to go to sg private beach for once anyone can take me along?

amother
Phlox

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 3:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

BTW- if it’s a gated community they do pay an extra fee
It’s called HOA maintenance and it probably includes having a “ private” beach and paying a guard, etc.

Amarante

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 3:15 pm
amother [ Phlox ] wrote:
BTW- if it’s a gated community they do pay an extra fee
It’s called HOA maintenance and it probably includes having a “ private” beach and paying a guard, etc.

As I posted in Seagate homeowners pay 13% of their home's assessed value each year. That is quite a lot of money.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries