Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Snacks that don't make you fat!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

DreamerForever

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 7:42 pm
Not_in_my_town wrote:
Ice.

Hiding

Thanks for the laugh. I totally cracked up!

And hey, it even satisfies the 'crunch' factor Wink

amother
Cerise

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 7:44 pm
amother [ Wandflower ] wrote:
Lettuce. Plain, no dressing or with a squeeze of lemon, or zero-calorie dressing if you don't care about sodium content. Nobody ever got fat fressing lettuce. or cucumbers or celery, for that matter. Most other snacks may have reduced calories, but they don't have barely any. If you eat a whole box of reduced-calorie cookies or a quart of reduced-calorie ice cream every day, you will put on weight. Even carrots are not an "unlimited" food, and if you eat five pounds of carrots a day you won't be doing yourself any favors. Your skin will also turn orange but it's reversible when you stop overeating carrots. If you're able to eat just two cookies or half a cup of ice cream a day, chances are you don't have a weight problem.

What pills do you take first to convince yourself that lettuce is a snack?

DreamerForever

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 7:45 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
It sounds weird but I've found that maybe I *am* actually hungry. As a fellow night owl, dinner is way too many hours before bedtime. If I eat a balanced meal and am full I don't get as munchy.

You're right actually. I see that too. I gotta focus on more filling meals. Yeah my dinner is definitely eons before bedtime. *sigh* And the late nights don't help for weight loss either

DreamerForever

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 7:47 pm
For those of you who said roasted chickpeas. Do you roast them yourself, or buy them roasted? If so, mind to share how?

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 7:54 pm
I find I keep snacking if I'm not satisfied by something substantial, so if I try to skimp, I eat more in the end. cheese and crackers and grape tomatoes satisfies more than plain potato chips, for example. peanut butter on apple or banana with a few chocolate chips pressed into the pb. a half a pbj (dh eats my other half). popcorn with olive oil and good salt and maybe a few nuts. carrots with hummus. bowl of cereal. chips and salsa isn't one of my more well-rounded snacks, but I have to slow down and then satisfaction registers sooner

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 7:57 pm
Diet can of soda is my go to for sweet at night
Or date balls (dates, pecans, coconut, Cocoa, vanilla extract)

amother
DarkYellow

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 7:59 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
It sounds weird but I've found that maybe I *am* actually hungry. As a fellow night owl, dinner is way too many hours before bedtime. If I eat a balanced meal and am full I don't get as munchy.

yes! this! and sometimes I do need to eat at night to make sure I'm fueled for the morning, because dinner to AM is a long time! especially if I plan to exercise or otherwise can't immediately eat

amother
NeonPurple

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:00 pm
Double post

#BestBubby

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:02 pm
Buy or make marinated vegetables:

cucumber salad

beet salad

pepper salad

health salad cole slaw (with non mayonaise dressing)

Pickles

--------------
diet ices

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 8:10 pm
I’m always so careful with my food..
All day I’m figuring out healthy food choices
So after I made a delicious penne a la vodka for my family tonight, I prepared some salmon, broccoli and sweet potato for myself….
And then-
I was organizing some things in the pan, cleaning up the kitchen and came across a jar of milk chocolate spread… was supposed to be a treat for the kids but I forgot I had it. Stuck my pinky finger in and 🤤… used another finger and another….. so much for trying so hard and all the amazing healthy choices out there.
I hope you have more self control than I do..

DreamerForever

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:14 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
So after I made a delicious penne a la vodka for my family tonight, I prepared some salmon, broccoli and sweet potato for myself….
And then-
I was organizing some things in the pan, cleaning up the kitchen and came across a jar of milk chocolate spread… was supposed to be a treat for the kids but I forgot I had it. Stuck my pinky finger in and 🤤… used another finger and another….. so much for trying so hard and all the amazing healthy choices out there.

Yeah, I've done that too! Mmmmm...

DustyDiamonds

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:23 pm
About lettuce….

I’ve always wondered:

Let’s say that at the end of Yom Kippur I was placed in a lettuce warehouse. Would I ever feel full????

clarity1

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:26 pm
now im sooooo in the mood of roasted chickpeas!!! but I already had a snack. now what?

amother
Aster

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:31 pm
Pickles! Currently pregnant and can’t stop eating them. I have four different types stocked. Munching on Flaums sour pickles right now.

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:35 pm
Ztheone wrote:
Salad takes prep. It's so much easier to just pull out unhealthy snacks from the cabinet...

its all how you think of it

quick salad: bag of checked bodek lettuce

add cucumber and cherry tomatoe

Done!

If u have another minute, add sliced avocaddo, very quick in my home

and we know thats what the nutritionist listed (visit was $300) so we are sticking to it

add check pease if u like/ kidney beans (canned, washed a few times)

if u want to add dresssing, only use olive oil + apple cider ving/ fresh lemon juice

No commercial dressing, no sugar, no salt. dont kill nutritional benefits!

Enjoy!!

It is delicious, colorful, and def Hashems gift!!

No more snacks in a package coming into this house!!!!!!!!!!!

amother
Hyssop

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:36 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
And then-

btw, white pasta is not on the good list! ever

aliminate white flour white sugar from your pantry

omly complex carbs.

amother
Diamond

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:44 pm
Roast tons of green beans with olive oil and salt

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:47 pm
amother [ Hyssop ] wrote:
btw, white pasta is not on the good list! ever

aliminate white flour white sugar from your pantry

omly complex carbs.

The pasta wasn’t for me- it was for my kids
Haven’t eaten that in a long while..

amother
Broom

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:48 pm
A can of black olives

Small crunchy pickles

Cut up cucumber with tehina

85% dark chocolate

cookiewriter

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 9:51 pm
https://www.dawnjacksonblatner.....L.pdf

I love this lady dawn Jackson Blatner I think m her whole food philosophy is fun and smart and easy
Here she gives a list of fifty snacks. All are a combo of produce and protein.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise