Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Snacks that don't make you fat!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:06 pm
Frozen applesauce. Frozen grapes

clarity1

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:09 pm
cookiewriter wrote:
https://www.dawnjacksonblatner.com/wp-content/uploads/dlm_uploads/2020/05/50-Snack-List_FINAL.pdf

I love this lady dawn Jackson Blatner I think m her whole food philosophy is fun and smart and easy
Here she gives a list of fifty snacks. All are a combo of produce and protein.

thank you for posting this! great list!

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:19 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Frozen applesauce. Frozen grapes

Sounds amazing

amother
Viola

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:27 pm
I had this - going low carb during the day helped reduce and eliminate nighttime cravings. Now if I have one at night I have a sugar free ice pop, protein (cheese stick is my go to but I'll have tuna or other things), and a veg if I want something crunchy. carbs helped me put on weight, avoiding them helps my weight come off.

Every body is different, if I followed the ideas here (such as roasted chick peas) I would put on lots of weight...

amother
Moccasin

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:24 pm
dreamerforever wrote:
For those of you who said roasted chickpeas. Do you roast them yourself, or buy them roasted? If so, mind to share how?

I roast it myself. Drain a can of chickpeas, put into baking pan, spray some oil and mix in whatever spices you like. I do salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika. Bake uncovered about half hour maybe longer till it looks crispy.

clarity1

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:28 pm
you can do what she said or you can buy these https://www.amazon.com/BIENA-C.....FLWDH. in my opinion homemade is better but this snack is good for the lazy days.

amother
IndianRed

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:53 pm
Almond flour biscotti if you're a cake eater.
I use the recipe from Goldbaum's almond flour and use xylitol instead of the sugar.

Ceeem

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:56 pm
I also have a real sweet tooth and try to eat healthy foods, so here’s some ideas:

Buy a simple mill muffin mix (they are made with coconut sugar and almond flour), make 12 muffins and keep it in the freezer-treat yourself to one a night.
Lara bars/RX bars
Berries
I also find that I try not to keep too much of the other tempting foods in the house, so if it’s not in front of me I can’t eat it. (I limit the ‘Mezonos’ in the house etc.)

Aylat

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 4:17 am
Frozen cut up fruit and frozen veg. My kids love snacking on frozen peas and corn, green beans, baby carrots.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 5:12 am
I'm guessing that when your trying not to overeat u think you'll need this willpower forever and it seems relentless.

But actually if you say I'm not eating anything other than veg/popcorn after dinner for say three nights, it does actually get much easier. Sort of like your body learns not to be hungry then. Try it!

I'm totally anti cutting our carbs, but I do say no carbs (except popcorn lol!) after dinner cuz when u start it's too hard to stop. If I'm hungry and eating chicken, I can stop when I'm full. Can't stop with carbs

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 6:52 am
I like all of the suggestions they are so helpful.

Here is mine;

healthy peanut butter balls,

I put a jar of peanut butter and about two to three cups of oatmeal in food processor to chop and mix well, roll into walnut size balls using wet hands put balls on a cookie sheet and freeze for an hour.

melt real chocolate chips in a saucepan or microwave and then dip the balls in chocolate and place on baking sheet freeze again for another hour and then transfer to a container.

amother
Kiwi

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:31 am
Ztheone wrote:
Salad takes prep. It's so much easier to just pull out unhealthy snacks from the cabinet...

Try baby carrots, grape tomatoes-no prep

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:57 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
I like all of the suggestions they are so helpful.

Here is mine;

healthy peanut butter balls,

I put a jar of peanut butter and about two to three cups of oatmeal in food processor to chop and mix well, roll into walnut size balls using wet hands put balls on a cookie sheet and freeze for an hour.

melt real chocolate chips in a saucepan or microwave and then dip the balls in chocolate and place on baking sheet freeze again for another hour and then transfer to a container.

That sounds really good but it’s very fattening. Do you realize how many grams of fat are in a tablespoon of peanut butter?

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 8:01 am
Snacks themselves don't make you fat. Binging isn't the result of the snack itself, it's the result of either disordered eating or an underlying medical condition (including vitamin deficiency, one of the more common and easily resolvable ones).

amother
Fern

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 8:04 am
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
That sounds really good but it’s very fattening. Do you realize how many grams of fat are in a tablespoon of peanut butter?

There's actually no such thing as an individual food that's fattening, except for for foods that are specifically designed to be extremely calorie dense but not filling. Peanut butter is very filling. You can eat an appropriate amount of it and be satisfied.

watermelon1

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:52 am
dreamerforever wrote:
For those of you who said roasted chickpeas. Do you roast them yourself, or buy them roasted? If so, mind to share how?

I usually end of making them myself, I find that they're the best right out of the oven. They become chewy and lose their crispiness as time goes on.

This is a good recipe https://www.thekitchn.com/how-.....19753 really just play around with it and add the spices that you like:) Hatzlacha!

real

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:55 am
sugar free jello

simchavsasson

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:26 am
sugar snap peas

Ztheone

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 11:42 am
simchavsasson wrote:
sugar snap peas

Speaking of which, does anyone know if the frozen sugar snap peas are coming back into stock?

amother
Heather

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:24 pm
amother [ Moccasin ] wrote:
I roast it myself. Drain a can of chickpeas, put into baking pan, spray some oil and mix in whatever spices you like. I do salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika. Bake uncovered about half hour maybe longer till it looks crispy.

How do you store this? In the refrigerator?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise