Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Need desperate help finding shabbos pants

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:01 pm
DS , aged 12, has an odd build. He is not overweight but built wide and thick. I am having the hardest time finding shabbos pants that fit. I need somthing slim on the legs as he is short and if they aren't slim on the legs, it makes him look overweight. But the ones that fit his legs don't close to fit on his waist. He needs a pant that is generously cut in the waist and has slim legs. I can't just keep going up in sizes because then the crotch area goes way too low and looks off. Any suggestions of a brand?
PS I live very in town and he cares to fit in. So the pants need to be shabbosdik, not gap style chinos.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:16 pm
Get something that fits his largest part, and then have it tailored to fit purposely everywhere else.

amother
Peru

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:27 pm
https://moficlothing.com/

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:33 pm
try petit clair

amother
Buttercup

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:38 pm
Go to shirtstop or call them. Doesn't armando martillo make a husky slim of something?

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:40 pm
These are nice:

https://www.next.us/en/style/s.....07688

You'd go with the plus waist.

notna

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
DS , aged 12, has an odd build. He is not overweight but built wide and thick. I am having the hardest time finding shabbos pants that fit. I need somthing slim on the legs as he is short and if they aren't slim on the legs, it makes him look overweight. But the ones that fit his legs don't close to fit on his waist. He needs a pant that is generously cut in the waist and has slim legs. I can't just keep going up in sizes because then the crotch area goes way too low and looks off. Any suggestions of a brand?
PS I live very in town and he cares to fit in. So the pants need to be shabbosdik, not gap style chinos.

These https://www.shirtstop.us/boys.......html
come in a husky slim, ie more room in the waist but a slim leg, and these
https://www.shirtstop.us/boys.......html
have an elastic waist so a little more forgiving with the size.
Good luck, it's hard to find the right fit.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:42 pm
I just had this issue with my 11 year old,
I live out of town but I called Suit Central in 5 towns, spoke to Yaakov, I sent him my sons measurements and he sent me the size I need. We got the zeke slim fit stretch pants.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:47 pm
amother [ Zinnia ] wrote:
I just had this issue with my 11 year old,
I live out of town but I called Suit Central in 5 towns, spoke to Yaakov, I sent him my sons measurements and he sent me the size I need. We got the zeke slim fit stretch pants.

I don't live too far from there and can make the trip over if worth while. These pants have give in the waist and a slim leg? Can I ask how much they are?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 10:48 pm
Thank you all. These posts have been very helpful.

amother
Zinnia

Post Tue, Aug 09 2022, 11:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I don't live too far from there and can make the trip over if worth while. These pants have give in the waist and a slim leg? Can I ask how much they are?

I paid $50 a pair
They also have a tailor on site that can taper the pants to be slimmer
I’ve only had good experiences with this store

amother
Watermelon

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 12:49 am
Also got zeke slim suit for a similar build son from hat box in Lakewood. It's a stretch material.

amother
Nasturtium

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:33 am
For a 12 year old boy you can do custom at G&G or GB.

amother
Oldlace

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:40 am
Armando Martillo makes a husky pants and slim leg Shabbos pants. Until I found them I really struggled but these are great BH! I know Freund's Dry goods in Brooklyn sells them but I'm sure plenty others do too.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:33 am
amother [ Oldlace ] wrote:
Armando Martillo makes a husky pants and slim leg Shabbos pants. Until I found them I really struggled but these are great BH! I know Freund's Dry goods in Brooklyn sells them but I'm sure plenty others do too.

I got Armando Martillo pants on Amazon
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics