Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Sigh, Frum store prices doubled
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:01 am
Whyyy
How is it that designer labels stayed more or less the same, and even some Frum brands were able to keep their prices reasonable, but others have suddenly almost doubled?
I’m in sticker shock
Was looking forward to shopping for the fall season and I keep rubbing my eyes at these insane prices. I understand inflation but this feels like a bit much, like we’re being taken for a ride. It’s taking all the joy out of shopping tbh.
Disclaimer: I can well afford these prices and probably even more. But I can’t justify them. Childrens clothes rip, stain, and are outgrown before I can blink. Glad I got some on sale, but I was planning on getting some nice full price items too and now I’m rethinking that. Going back to zara, H&M, to see if there are alternatives. I feel like these brands aren’t doing themselves any favors either. I’m sure at least some sane people will now think twice before clicking.
Their marketing feels like a joke. I feel betrayed.
Ok vent over. Bye.

amother
Topaz

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:03 am
Which stores doubled? The cheap frum companies?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:09 am
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
Which stores doubled? The cheap frum companies?

Lil legs, Lulu, pastel, petite Clair….

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:14 am
I’m so confused lulu and lil legs are the same prices as last year. Where do you see doubling?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:47 am
amother [ Broom ] wrote:
I’m so confused lulu and lil legs are the same prices as last year. Where do you see doubling?

Are you looking at their summer line still? Winter things are through the roof

amother
Broom

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 7:50 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Are you looking at their summer line still? Winter things are through the roof

No winter. Do you mean lil leg shabbos? They only had one or two things last year and it was a few dollars less. And lulu seems to be the same. Maybe they are $5 more. I don’t see doubling.

amother
Amaranthus

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:20 am
Production costs are through the roof nowadays. Lil legs didn’t double they are a bit higher. Crew kipp stayed the same mostly.

Non Jewish brands went up as well. Look at Bebe organic and Mar mar for example.

If you want names of brands that didn’t go up so drastically I can make you a list.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 9:52 am
Tottini fall line the same or maybe a dollar more (kids, did not check the baby section)

amother
Quince

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 10:00 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Whyyy
How is it that designer labels stayed more or less the same, and even some Frum brands were able to keep their prices reasonable, but others have suddenly almost doubled?
I’m in sticker shock
Was looking forward to shopping for the fall season and I keep rubbing my eyes at these insane prices. I understand inflation but this feels like a bit much, like we’re being taken for a ride. It’s taking all the joy out of shopping tbh.
Disclaimer: I can well afford these prices and probably even more. But I can’t justify them. Childrens clothes rip, stain, and are outgrown before I can blink. Glad I got some on sale, but I was planning on getting some nice full price items too and now I’m rethinking that. Going back to zara, H&M, to see if there are alternatives. I feel like these brands aren’t doing themselves any favors either. I’m sure at least some sane people will now think twice before clicking.
Their marketing feels like a joke. I feel betrayed.
Ok vent over. Bye.

It is unfair to blame frum companies.
they are earning their money as fairly or more fairly than the chain stores.
I worked in the fashion industries.
The chain stores get their items in bulk and make the brand names or non brand names give them the merchandise for minimal profit or no profit all, except having their name out their!!

A frum company is a person like you who is trying to make a living by filling a niche.
you can choose to buy from him or you could choose not too.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:46 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Tottini fall line the same or maybe a dollar more (kids, did not check the baby section)

Yes thank god for that! So grateful. I placed a huge order with them.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 1:57 pm
Lulus tops were around $35 and are now around $40
That’s not double.
That is sensible according to inflation.
Petite Clair already went up for the summer season.
$80 for a baby romper. Ridiculous.
Kidi Chic also doubled their prices last season.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:00 pm
I think winter clothing are always a little more then summer clothing.

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:02 pm
I'm obsessed with petit clair. I'll pay the price. Simply cause they're super quality, washes great and cutest stuff!

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:05 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
That’s not double.

They charge 50$ for a shabbos sweater. That’s a lot. Close to some designer labels.
Pastel is totally ridiculous. 50$ for a nightgown. 70$ for a sweater. 32$ for a dickie.
I’m getting Zara and H&M sweaters instead.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:06 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
I'm obsessed with petit clair. I'll pay the price. Simply cause they're super quality, washes great and cutest stuff!

I got loads of sale items before they closed down the petite rack site. So happy I did. I do love their clothes and I’ll probably splurge on maybe a shabbos outfit or a suit. But for everyday it makes no sense to me.

amother
Junglegreen

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They charge 50$ for a shabbos sweater. That’s a lot. Close to some designer labels.
Pastel is totally ridiculous. 50$ for a nightgown. 70$ for a sweater. 32$ for a dickie.
I’m getting Zara and H&M sweaters instead.

Pastel is ridiculous because they sell mostly basics that you can by anywhere else.
Mostly solid colored stuff.

amother
Azalea

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:07 pm
amother [ Junglegreen ] wrote:
That’s not double.

Petit Clair went up last winter season already!

Petit rack is your best bet

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:17 pm
amother [ Azalea ] wrote:
Petit Clair went up last winter season already!

Petit rack is your best bet

Then I guess I don’t even know how much they used to be because I only started buying from them last winter. I used to be a huge Lulu customer. Not anymore.

amother
NeonBlue

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:38 pm
As long as people will pay the price they will keep increasing it. Even before inflation the Jewish companies went up a few dollars every year.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Aug 10 2022, 2:45 pm
amother [ NeonBlue ] wrote:
As long as people will pay the price they will keep increasing it. Even before inflation the Jewish companies went up a few dollars every year.

Which is why I’m wondering if they’ll see a difference in their bottom line this season. I can’t be the only customer that will be buying less or looking elsewhere or waiting for sales. Especially now that we’re paying so much more for essentials like food.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics